Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bring back Bevo

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    You ahve to be jocking. A backwards step, try some of the youngsters and let them get the taste of seniors. We will go out in straight sets anyway even if we make it.
    No, I am not a comedian.

We are becoming laughing stock, in the last 8 games we have capitulated to 2 wins 6 losses. Wins coming over a struggling Bulldogs outfit and the Gold Coast. We have gone from a top 4-6 chance on paper (5th spot as at Round 12) to struggling to keep our spot in the 8.

It's not time to give up, we are a proud club. Finals at a minimum would have been our seasons objective, with eyes on top 6. You can argue what did we expect losing our bookends blah blah, well everyone has injuries and we didn't have our bookends for the majority of last year either let alone our second ruckmen in Seaby etc.

Play the kids? We are, we just can't afford to play them all as well as under performing seniors regulars.

Play the best available team to get a win. If it's kids then it's kids. I doubt all will qualify on current form.

Veterans List
    This week Horse should just have a player list and be ticking the "heart" or "no heart" column.

Bevo would be get a double "heart" tick so give him a game.

Pyke would qualify on that, too.

A few of the current seniors definitely would not.

I'm not opposed. At a minimum, it would boost his trade value. I really like Bevo, and I don't mind him at all at half-forward.

How about:

OUT: Kennelly, Jetta, Meredith (just not good enough)
    IN: Malceski, Gordon, Bevo
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I'm not opposed. At a minimum, it would boost his trade value. I really like Bevo, and I don't mind him at all at half-forward.

How about:

Bevo has grown on me because of his work rate but agree, only play him in the forwards.

Do you think Gaz needs another run in the Reserves??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player

How about:

I like.

The Ginger ninja is going to need another run I'd have thought.

How about:

Yep, reckon this is a good call.
    I've never been a fan of Meredith and he has always appeared to me as a player with very little heart - perhaps he was contageous on Sunday

Totally disagree. You can teach a player to go harder at the contest. But you can't stop poorly skilled players from making shocking, game losing decisions and shocking, game losing skill executions. We tried with Bevo for 8 years or so.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Totally disagree. You can teach a player to go harder at the contest. But you can't stop poorly skilled players from making shocking, game losing decisions and shocking, game losing skill executions. We tried with Bevo for 8 years or so.
    Yes, but he was always played down back. He is more of a forward so his mistakes are not as crucial.

Just wild about Harry

How about:

Man, you make good sense here.

One of the tensions that Horse has is not to change the team too much every week or else they players wont gel. Having said that, if we arent going to make the finals (we will see in a week), then he should give the young guys some games and see who sinks and who swims.

Bugger it, lets just dust off "fearless Fosdike" while we are at it too!!!!

Short, selective memories.

Was floated as a trade, but no one wanted him, there's a reason.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

No, no, no! Keep Meredith! Bring back Gaz and Mal and Nipper. Drop Tadhg, McGlynn, and... don't know - Jets I think.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast