Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Halls side of the story

Halls side of the story

For sure - I just read 10 mins ago. I think it's always wise to read a full book instead of excerpts as its easy to jump to assumptions etc. However, it bugs me when Hall clearly states he had no-one but himself to blame but then proceeds to blame Roosy et al as to how they responded to Barry's OWN stupidity. I'm disappointed in what i've read so far. I just thinks it's a little silly to have a crack at your own Coach about him being a poor one-on-one communicator through the channel of a book. It is kind of a double standard for me. Ah whatev....i'm over it....more important things to worry about.

You're a dick barry. One day you'll so regret biting the hand that fed you.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's just an excerpt from a ghost written book, but I thought it came across as critical on Roos for his handling of the situation and not blaming him for punching Rutten.

Roos' statements have confirmed that Hall tried to contact him to discuss the situation, that Roos fronted the media before talking to Hall and that Roos did not contact Hall for a couple of days. I believe Roos has previously acknowledged that he made a mistake in not contacting Hall. For someone in a role as a leader of men I don't think it was Roos' finest hour.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    You're a dick barry. One day you'll so regret biting the hand that fed you.
    So as fans we can disown someone who helped deliver our team a premiership but that is not biting the hand that fed us?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

He had to say something controversial to sell his book. Yawn.

It sounds like it was Roos who he really wanted to deck. Staker was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I love Barry Hall for helping us to achieve the ultimate success. However, I believe it's been overshadowed by his petulance on the field. Also, by his petulance in his understanding of how his actions affected other people, e.g Roos.

It seems to me that Barry is always trying to blame someone else.

..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    So as fans we can disown someone who helped deliver our team a premiership but that is not biting the hand that fed us?
    I'm pretty sure it was 2005 we had the QC's out defending baz in the week leading up to the granny.

At the end of the day .... Leaping Leo won us the granny!!
    I was there. I saw it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was 2005 we had the QC's out defending baz in the week leading up to the granny.

At the end of the day .... Leaping Leo won us the granny!!
    I was there. I saw it.
    Without Hall we don't make the Grand Final He also kicked a massive captains goal to get us back into that game.

While I was angry at his behaviour that led to his leaving the club I still respect the fact that without Hall our premiership drought would have continued.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It's just an excerpt from a ghost written book, but I thought it came across as critical on Roos for his handling of the situation and not blaming him for punching Rutten.

Roos' statements have confirmed that Hall tried to contact him to discuss the situation, that Roos fronted the media before talking to Hall and that Roos did not contact Hall for a couple of days. I believe Roos has previously acknowledged that he made a mistake in not contacting Hall. For someone in a role as a leader of men I don't think it was Roos' finest hour.
    I read somewhere recently that Roos acknowledged that he could have handled the incident differently. My impression is that Roos was so angry that he didn't trust himself to respond proportionately. Yes, he could have done better.
    However, the $64 question in this snippet is, Why did Baz try to punch Rutten anywhere? The implication that he missed his chest and collected his head indicates that he doesn't understand the difference between a lack of accuracy and a lack of self-control.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast