Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up

Veterans List

I give up

Dear Horse,
    I'm sorry but I just don't have the strength to watch another game that Tadhg loses for us. Stewie was strong enough to stand down when he was letting the team down, I wish Tadhg would show the same character. Is that the third game he's personally cost us more than our losing margin?

I've heard that you are freezing TDL out. After his very half-hearted effort in a non-tackle that led to a Bombers goal I understand what you mean. He's a clever player but if he doesn't play with more effort than that he's welcome to drop back to the 2s.

I've often thought that Goodsie was a brilliant player but erratic. The past few games I've seen him try to carry the whole team. It's impressive to watch but there must be times when he wonders why he does it, especially after just renewing his contract. It'd be nice if some of the other senior players stepped up or stepped out.

This week a friend invited me the Hamilton Island for the races in a fortnight but I said I couldn't make it because it's the weekend of the Saints game. Tonight I texted to say I can be on the island that Sunday after all. I've already asked three people if they want my pass and they've said that ANZ just isn't worth the effort of getting out there.

This year some of the kids have been very impressive (Sam particularly) although Parker seems to be a bit of show pony when a pass off could have got us a couple more goals tonight. I hope they have a great off season and come back ready to go for 2012. It's sad that not being able to go up a gear against a tired team tonight - and giving the Crows their only win in a few months has finished 2011 for us. A few times it's been fun but there's been a lot of frustration, too. Devising a forward line might be a good idea for 2012 for a start.

Cheers
    Go Swannies

Way to soon to give up yet. The 2011 rollercoaster has a few more highs and lows left in it yet. Just you wait and see...........

Well said go swannies ! Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Way to soon to give up yet. The 2011 rollercoaster has a few more highs and lows left in it yet. Just you wait and see...........
    I'm with you Aardie, reckon we got quite a bit of the ride left!

Just wild about Harry
    After the dees, norf and bombers games this year, I have sure got my moneys worth out of my membership down here.

We'll be the first team to Knock off Geelong at Skilled stadium in 29 games come round 23, just you wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    We'll be the first team to Knock off Geelong at Skilled stadium in 29 games come round 23, just you wait and see.
    I can't actually see us win that game but I reckon we'll give it a rhg

Narf

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Dillusional !!!

Veterans List
    I know how you feel GS, after the Chamberlain Reaming, this has just broken my spirit.

I wonder how Richmond supporters do it year after year?

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Dillusional !!!
    Belief.

I hope our players don't go and hide in the corner and cry every time something doesn't fall their way.

I thought the opposite, these types of games are character building with the type of list we have it is a great experience. Hopefully lessons learnt will all be worth it in the near future.

It was far from our worst performance of the year it just hurts to get close and not get the points. Ask the Bombers fans how they felt after round 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast