Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This week's crowd...any guesses?

This week's crowd...any guesses?

It's time to turn our attention to attendance at this Saturday's match against the Lions.

Will our win against Geelong make Sydney finally sit up and take notice of us? Actually, it would be nice if it just makes our notoriously fickle supporters sit up and take notice!

The match starts at the unusual time of 4.10pm - I wonder if that will help or hinder. Also, we are playing the team coming 15th. Not exactly a blockbuster, even though the result is important to us.

I think we might get about 30,000 or so. Is that too optimistic?

Plus it'll be Tadhg's last regular game at SCG.

Twitter

Full house.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Not confident we will get above 25K tbh.

I'm salivating at the thought of a final at a pumping SCG full house the following week if it eventuates tho....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Not confident we will get above 25K tbh
    25K counts as a "good" SCG crowd this year. Maybe the combination of last H&A game, last Tadhg game and the "novelty twilight" factor will push it closer to 30K.

Living in 2005
    Interesting one, the club is working pretty hard for a good crowd, some discounts around the place & the club have been calling some members etc. The time is the wild card (might actually suit a lot of people) & of course the weather, which is been so bloody unkind to our home games generally this year.

Hopefully 30K, the Sydney sporting landscape is pretty clear with the only NRL match in Sydney on Saturday is down at Cronulla (V Tiges)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    It's time to turn our attention to attendance at this Saturday's match against the Lions.

Will our win against Geelong make Sydney finally sit up and take notice of us? Actually, it would be nice if it just makes our notoriously fickle supporters sit up and take notice!

The match starts at the unusual time of 4.10pm - I wonder if that will help or hinder. Also, we are playing the team coming 15th. Not exactly a blockbuster, even though the result is important to us.

I think we might get about 30,000 or so. Is that too optimistic?
    I reckon!
    My guess, about 30,000. Tadhg's finish may boost it a bit.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I'm not sure if there will be more than 25K.

It would be interesting to see how many would go to a final there. That would be a great comparison from years gone by.

Traditionally I don't think we have very big crowds against the Lions and I don't think the news of Taigh's retirement will boost too many extra to attend. However, I hope I'm wrong.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Full House. I am taking 5 extras.

lots
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

> 30K, assuming it's not raining. Fair weather Sydney fans, the big win last weekend, twilight game allows time for day jobs before and time to go out afterwards, good chance of a win, Tadgh retiring... Chance of a home final might work against us as people think they can go next week.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast