Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Morwood just dropped me a line...

On the Rookie List
    I've never been to a family day before, so I'm hoping that I can go on the 7th. It was fantastic that Tony Morwood sent a letter, saying what they hope to do. Its a start.
    Sydney Swans Premiers 2005 - The Mighty Bloods

<i>CTS, being a guy is <b>no</b> excuse for not being able to type!</i>

The Swans are coming again in 2004 and we'd love you to be part of the journey.

I'm writing in the first instance to introduce myself and secondly to give you and update on our plans for 2004.

Under new coach, Paul Roos, we always planned to rebuild in 2003. It's fair to say we achieved that and a whole lot more. Memorable wins against the like of Collingwood and reigning premiers Brisbane, and who could forget the qualifying final against Port Adelaide.

My appointment signals our commitment to Melbourne.

More recently the Swans have demonstrated their commitment to growing the Melbourne supporter base with my appointment. For me it's great to be more involved with the Club that has meant so much to me for so long. For the record, I started playing with South Melbourne back in 1977 at Lakeside Oval before heading north to Sydney in 1982. In 1989 - 229 games later - I retired with many fond memories and friendships made.

Like many of you, I have only "red and white" in my veins. The regular sea of "red and white" at games doesn't go unnoticed and is very much appreciated by the players.

The Swans have proudly retained a strong supporter base in Melbourne despite the majority of our games being played in Sydney. We appreciate the loyalty you have shown over the years and whilst we will never control the AFL fixturing of games, I will endeavour to do all I can to lobby the AFL to play more games in Melbourne.

As part of our strategy we are planning to significantly grow our Melbourne membership -- campaign "Target 10,000" aims to double our current membership to over 10,000! In the coming weeks we will be mailing to you the 2004 Swans Membership Pack.

We're introducing some new benefits for 2004, including a new Premiership Club category that offers a guaranteed Grand Final Ticket should you wish to purchase one. Numbers are strictly limited so you'll need to get in quickly! In addition, for the first time members will be able to renew memberships electronically, making it easier than ever before to join the swans.

2004 promises to be an exciting year and now more than ever the Swans want your support. It's your club - be part of it - and together let's make the "red and white army" as strong as ever before!

Yours sincerely

Tony Morwood
    General Manager, Melbourne.

P.S. Make sure you put Sunday 7th December in your diary as a date with the Swans. We're currently planning a family day and will be sending you further details shortly.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

CTS, being a guy is no excuse for not being able to type!
    It's an excuse, not a reason
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I got mine yesterday, with my AFL, club support package renewal form. I really liked his comments about trying to get more games down here.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

On the Rookie List
    Hope it pan's out for the those Swans fans in Vic and you atleast get one more game a year. Being in Perth Iam not fussed but I do see how passionate you guy's are and back you up.

Although the only bonus is that charlie gets so upset.

I've always liked Tony - sat near him at Sydney games plenty in the past - even used to go to his East Malvern Tatts agency if I ever wanted to get a ticket on the way to Uni.

Don't think I 've ever spoken to him IIRC
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12