Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Adam Goodes 300th Game Congratulatory Thread

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Adam Goodes 300th Game Congratulatory Thread

I am so excited and proud that Adam Goodes is playing his 300th game this weekend on the home of footy. This year has seen him show a maturity and measured weight to him as a leader and captain. In a challenging year for the club on and off the field, Adam has lead from the front, and continues to do so.
    He has honoured his co captain, the guernsey, and the club in a fashion that is inspiring to his team mates and the fans.

He is the most harding working player on the field when he has the ball, and more importantly, when he doesn't.

A toast to you Goodesy. Living Swans Legend. What a player!

Even Wayne Carey acknowledges your brilliance.
    Check it out from around the 9 minute mark.
    Carey: No Buddy, so I'll tip Swans

love goodesy love him love him love him

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    my hero

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Gerard Wheatley described him tonight (on 360 degrees) as explosively graceful. Robbo described him as the most important player in the game at the moment.

Well done Adam.
    Huge milestone.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Blog Entries
    On Saturday night he was a lot more composed with his disposal.
    Really took his time to make sure he got the right target.

Burst through the centre at times just forcing the ball forward, if he couldn't get a handle on it!!!

A well deserved 300 games!!

That went quick, what a gun starting to get more recognition the last few weeks as strange as it sounds
    For someone so decorated
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Gerard Wheatley described him tonight (on 360 degrees) as explosively graceful. Robbo described him as the most important player in the game at the moment.

Well done Adam.
    Huge milestone.
    It's been very noticeable that the Melbourne press have finally excepted Goodsey for the great player he is.
    For years now, in the Melbourne media, I've always noticed a hint of cynicism, with positive comments quickly followed by negative ones, when discussing Goodsey.
    The penny has dropped with them, all of a sudden they love him, and now there is an avalanche of admiration and praise coming his way....and he deserves it.
    He is truly one of the games all time greats.... It's a joy to watch him, long may it continue.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Put the recognition down to the leadership after the sadness of McVeigh and the Cats game.

It was so obvious and so big what Adam did they finally understood the full package.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I am so excited and proud that Adam Goodes is playing his 300th game this weekend on the home of footy. This year has seen him show a maturity and measured weight to him as a leader and captain. In a challenging year for the club on and off the field, Adam has lead from the front, and continues to do so.
    He has honoured his co captain, the guernsey, and the club in a fashion that is inspiring to his team mates and the fans.

He is the most harding working player on the field when he has the ball, and more importantly, when he doesn't.

A toast to you Goodesy. Living Swans Legend. What a player!

Even Wayne Carey acknowledges your brilliance.
    Check it out from around the 9 minute mark.
    Carey: No Buddy, so I'll tip Swans
    I had to listen to it twice, after hearing that he always thought of Goodes as an accumulator and that this year he was genuinely winning games for Sydney off his own boot. Hello, Goodes has been doing that for years!

Still, good to hear something so positive from Carey and other Victorian football personalities. The penny has finally dropped for them, it sure took a while lol.

Going to go down in history as one of the very best ever to pull on the red and white. He will not look out of place when eventually a statue of him is put up at the SCG. A joy to watch, and long may it continue. For him to be playing the football he is playing (you could argue almost the best of his career) when hitting his 300th game is extraordinary in itself.

I think he will have a ripper of a game on Friday night - I can just see the boys lifting big time for him, and him responding in kind.

And to add to his numerous achievements on the field, an absolute champion off it as well.

A joy to watch, and certainly of the players I've seen in my short life so far right up there with the very best.

Well done Adam, and may we celebrate this massive milestone in the very best of ways come 10 pm or so on Friday night!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Congrats Goodesy on a fantastic 300 games, it's been a privilege to have had the opportunity to watch you play live on a regular basis. You are unique among all the players in the AFL I have seen, and your on-field performances have been matched by your class off the field. Hope we can celebrate the milestone with a win this Friday, eh?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    A great player, and if ever a milestone deserved a win, Friday's game is duty bound to provide it. May it be so.
    A wonderful combination of grace and power, unlike anyone else I have watched.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast