Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Adam Goodes 300th Game Congratulatory Thread

Two words - Absolute Legend.

Congratulations on a wonderful milestone.
    Red & White forever.

Regular in the Side
    Congratulations Adam on reaching the 300 game milestone faster than any other player.

Your are an absolute credit to yourself, your family, your club and the AFL. There is no better player to watch - and you're ours!

After reading about how his Mum made him go to the Swans and made him stay, a big shout for Lisa.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Fantasic article by Luke Darcy ... he's talking about playing Goodesy in the ruck in 2003 ...

Then came the terrifying thought that you had to chase him around the midfield for the next two hours.

He loved that situation. He'd just look at you and say, 'Can you keep up with me, can you go with me?", and he was always able to take it to a whole new level.

The happiest day in my career for us ruckman was when Paul Roos said he would never, ever play him in the ruck again. It was a great result for the rest of us because it meant someone else could chase him around.

It would be incredibly fitting for Goodes to win a third Brownlow medal this year.
    Too Goodes
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Congrats Goodesy.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Fantasic article by Luke Darcy ... he's talking about playing Goodesy in the ruck in 2003 ...

Too Goodes
    Thanks Annie - an outstanding article and Goodes deserves every word of it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Congratulations Goodesy, a champion in the truest sense of the word.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Matthews summed it up well saying that he can't remember a 300 gamer who is actually playing at the peek of his powers when he got there.

Regardless of the Brownlow count this year, he is head and shoulders the best player in the game right NOW.

Regular in the Side
    Let's put Goodes' achievements through the prisim of this record. He is now the only player in AFL history to win 2 Brownlows, play 300 games, be a Premership player, and be an All Australian (4 times no less, a record for South/Sydney). I could also add as a footnote his Rising Star award in 1999, as well as several club B&Fs.
    Last edited by top40; 20th September 2011 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Let's put Goodes' achievements through the prisim of this record. He is now the only player in AFL history to win 2 Brownlows, play 300 games, be a Premership player, and be an All Australian (4 times no less, a record for South/Sydney). I could also add as a footnote his Rising Star award in 1999, as well as several club B&Fs.
    How could you forget the most important honour......the TLM !!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123