Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Out of Contract Swans

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Two is the standard but sometimes clubs give players longer, especially the more highly regarded ones. You wouldn't think that Brown or Lockyer would have fallen into that category.
    I'm mildly surprised. My impression from reading the ressie watchers is that Brown had real potential after a prolonged injury setback. Have I misread things?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I'm mildly surprised. My impression from reading the ressie watchers is that Brown had real potential after a prolonged injury setback. Have I misread things?
    Sorry, my post was a little unclear. I wasn't commenting on whether I thought Brown (or Lockyer) would get another contract, just on whether they would have been offered more than the standard two years when they first joined.

I would expect Brown, at least, to get another year. In normal circumstances I would expect Lockyer to as well (since the Swans rarely cut National Draftees after just two years). But he looks some way off senior standard at the moment (injuries haven't helped) and there will be a real squeeze on for list places next year with so many of our rookie listed players having performed ahead of expectations.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Sorry, my post was a little unclear. I wasn't commenting on whether I thought Brown (or Lockyer) would get another contract, just on whether they would have been offered more than the standard two years when they first joined.

I would expect Brown, at least, to get another year. In normal circumstances I would expect Lockyer to as well (since the Swans rarely cut National Draftees after just two years). But he looks some way off senior standard at the moment (injuries haven't helped) and there will be a real squeeze on for list places next year with so many of our rookie listed players having performed ahead of expectations.
    Thanks Liz. I hope Brown gets another year, despite the traffic jam.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    SWANS ruckman Shane Mumford is back to his best and is keen to continue his career in the red and white beyond this season.

Mumford remains the only player from last year?s premiership 22 yet to commit past 2013.

?I love it up here. If I keep playing well hopefully it will be done and dusted sooner rather than later,? Mumford told the Daily Telegraph.
    No Cookies | Herald Sun

Opti-pessi-misti
    Good to hear. Maybe he is looking for 4 years and we only want to give him 3. Practically, after age 30 you would really only want to have players on a 1 year deal. I hope some agreement can be reached.

I hope Nick Smith and AJ sign soon

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I hope Nick Smith and AJ sign soon
    If the article is to be believed then they must both have re-signed and it has just passed silently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    If the article is to be believed then they must both have re-signed and it has just passed silently.
    I can't find any news on either signing this year.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456