Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of Contract Swans

Blog Entries

Out of Contract Swans

Looking at the OOC players this year we shouldn't lose anyone too senior. Some kids we should try and keep, like Gordon, Currie and Kruger.

But next years list of OOC has some BIG names, we really need to lock down.
    Ben McGlynn
    Brett Meredith
    Craig Bird
    Gary Rohan
    Jarrad McVeigh
    Jarred Moore
    Jesse White
    Josh Kennedy
    Jude Bolton
    Matt Spangher
    Mark Seaby
    Mike Pyke
    Nick Malceski
    Rhyce Shaw
    Ryan O'Keefe
    Sam Reid
    Trent Dennis-Lane

Source - This list is sortable.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Looking at the OOC players this year we shouldn't lose anyone too senior. Some kids we should try and keep, like Gordon, Currie and Kruger.

But next years list of OOC has some BIG names, we really need to lock down.
    Ben McGlynn
    Brett Meredith
    Craig Bird
    Gary Rohan
    Jarrad McVeigh
    Jarred Moore
    Jesse White
    Josh Kennedy
    Jude Bolton
    Matt Spangher
    Mark Seaby
    Mike Pyke
    Nick Malceski
    Rhyce Shaw
    Ryan O'Keefe
    Sam Reid
    Trent Dennis-Lane

Source - This list is sortable.
    The reality is that we're going to lose some of these players to GWS. We won't be immune to the lure of the chequebook.

We must do all we can to keep Sam Reid, Gary Rohan and Josh Kennedy. They are absolute must-keeps. Hot on their heels would be Spangher, McGlynn, McVeigh and Rhyce Shaw.

I know he's getting on, but it would a shame to lose Jude Bolton. Same with O'Keefe, especially if he's going to play like he did on Saturday night.

Next in line would be Meredith, Bird, White, Malceski, and TDL.

We can probably do without Jarrad Moore. Mike Pyke versus Mark Seaby? Hard to say. Seaby looked good before he broke his ankle.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    The reality is that we're going to lose some of these players to GWS. We won't be immune to the lure of the chequebook.

We must do all we can to keep Sam Reid, Gary Rohan and Josh Kennedy. They are absolute must-keeps. Hot on their heels would be Spangher, McGlynn, McVeigh and Rhyce Shaw.

I know he's getting on, but it would a shame to lose Jude Bolton. Same with O'Keefe, especially if he's going to play like he did on Saturday night.

Next in line would be Meredith, Bird, White, Malceski, and TDL.

We can probably do without Jarrad Moore. Mike Pyke versus Mark Seaby? Hard to say. Seaby looked good before he broke his ankle.
    Im pretty sure rohan re-signed or extended his contract at some stage this year. Reid is the most important one that we MUST lock in, there will be some major circling of him going on next year.

Should be okay if we have room in salary cap - ie don't chase marque player but focus on retaining current list. Couldn't agree more with Cheer Squad on the must-keeps.

Blog Entries
    I've been told Rohan signed a new contract for 3 years a few months back.

That list is scary. Poor timing Scott,stress levels just went through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    That list is scary. Poor timing Scott,stress levels just went through the roof.
    Ditto.

The world would end as I know it if we lost Rohan, Reid and Kennedy
    Last edited by longmile; 15th September 2011 at 02:53 PM.

Senior Player
    They can only take one.

Sam Reid is the big one.

I think it will be easier for GWS to get interstate players than Swans. It's hard to image someone swapping the Eastern Suburbs for Blacktown voluntarily.

Could you image doing recovery sessions in the Parramatta River rather than Coogee Beach!
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Sam Reid is the big one.

I think it will be easier for GWS to get interstate players than Swans. It's hard to image someone swapping the Eastern Suburbs for Blacktown voluntarily.

Could you image doing recovery sessions in the Parramatta River rather than Coogee Beach!
    Hehe. I've thought this too.
    But I guess we'll see. If the Swans are serious they tie up some of these guys in October, if not sooner.

Sorry about the timing, but it is something that is being looked at by nearly everyone else ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I've been told Rohan signed a new contract for 3 years a few months back.
    We had a 4 page thread arguing about it and we still didn't get a definitive answer to the question. I'm still sceptical of the paper article and think they may have mixed up the 3 year contract he agreed to when drafted (ie. an extra year) with a new contract.

In the 'Ask a Swan' segment on the official website a few weeks back I posed that exact question to Rohan, 'Please confirm your contract status'. The fact that he didn't answer that question (fully aware they can't answer them all) left me with a slight uneasy feeling.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

He's signed.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast