Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Match-day thread : Semi-Final 2 versus Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Nothing like extracting signs of good luck. After that Richmond game I didn't wear any Swans gear for the next game, and the next, and the next.... My brain then told me no Swans related clothing/accessories on game day = win.

I'm also fond of the 'personal sacrifice, Swans gain' approach. 'Right, DLBIA14 get another 500 words written for your essay and the Swans will surely win'.

Now I'm interested in finding out the seemingly meaningless sacrifices the people on R&WO make to bring the Swannies good karma??
    See we should keep that for an off season thread, I'd be interested in the "seemingly meaningless sacrifices" or SMSs made, also any match day rituals people care to share
    Last edited by Frog; 16th September 2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm a long time member of both clubs with one of my clubs having a home final. I will also be traveling down to Canberra tomorrow to cover the reserves so ease up.
    Go tiges - with the Roosters having had such a fabulous year both on and off the field, I'll be rootin' for the Tigers from here on in. I might even glance at the NRL a couple of times at the Alex tonight...

Senior Player
    This thread will be longer than the one for Brisbane, before the game starts!

I'm nervous. Win against Saints was no surprise to me, we were up and they were over-rated.

Hawks - top 4 side, even with some setbacks in the season. Us - just made the 8, with not many real setbacks.

I just wonder if we can maintain the intensity of the last few weeks. Well, we'll know in a few hours.

Just in case it hasn't been noted, the weather here right now is perfect, warm, sunny, not much wind or cloud about. I'm glad Melbourne weather has offered a taste of what its capable of, for you Sydney siders who made the trip. More importantly though, it Should be perfect conditions for footy at the G. Cant wait!!

Well, I just woke up from a post-1/2-day-work afternoon nap & among my dreams (every one about the game) several were about us winning tonight - so like among the foxholes, there might be no atheists on semi-finals day, and I've morphed into a Delphic oracle or something.

If I'm right, I had better cash in ... I can see it now: Yuri's New Age Psychic Shoppe & Sports Prophecy Outlet ...

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    NARF!

Nice All Round Fellow. Guilty Sir.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Regular in the Side
    Am excited to be going tonight, drove from Perth on Tuesday and arrived last night with my 3 yo son in tow....In car DVD a god send....
    2 day of travelling a bit rough..20 hours of driving after no accomodation from Port Augusta through to Port Wakefield when we finally found something...

Could be 50/50 tonight, excited but nervous as we have to really match up on any turnovers, and be patient like we were against the Saints last week...
    But the biggest thing will be taking and making the most of our opportunities..
    Still not sure if Buddy plays, i think late withdrawal....

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    Am excited to be going tonight, drove from Perth on Tuesday and arrived last night with my 3 yo son in tow....In car DVD a god send....
    2 day of travelling a bit rough..20 hours of driving after no accomodation from Port Augusta through to Port Wakefield when we finally found something...

Could be 50/50 tonight, excited but nervous as we have to really match up on any turnovers, and be patient like we were against the Saints last week...
    But the biggest thing will be taking and making the most of our opportunities..
    Still not sure if Buddy plays, i think late withdrawal....
    Probably a good thing you didn't stay in port augusta or port pirie...
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Well Dermi has made the - Buddy will play 100% for sure call today. You know what - I really don't care if he does anymore! Teddy will towel him up Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Go tiges - with the Roosters having had such a fabulous year both on and off the field, I'll be rootin' for the Tigers from here on in. I might even glance at the NRL a couple of times at the Alex tonight...
    For those with superstitious tendencies and a bit of spare cash, why not a small wager on the Swans for the flag into the Tigers for the NRL premiership?! Around 100-1 for the double (not that I condone gambling, well, not as much as the AFL does via its advertising sponsorships)!

2005 ....

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Probably a good thing you didn't stay in port augusta or port pirie...
    Wife initially found accomodation asbove a pub in pririe and i decided to drive straight through...

Regular in the Side
    400 to 1 it paid wasn't it?

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast