Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

Senior Player
    Our forward line is so diabolical I'd take him, 50 goals from a forward pocket is nothing to be sneezed at

Our forward line was far from diabolical over the last 6 weeks of 2011. Just because they weren't kicking 20 goals a week, doesn't mean they weren't functioning well. When Rohan, Parker, Reid, Spangher and White all came together (with contributions from Goodesy, ROK, Mummy etc.), our team played much, much better.

Senior Player
    At this point in time we don't have a forward line to take us to the next level, hopefully that will change sooner rather than later.

Compare those names to what we had in the forward line in 2005 - Hall, Micky O, Davis, ROK, Schneider all capable of kicking 5 goals on their day. We don't have one player (excluding Goodes who is a mid for mine) who is capable of kicking 5
    Last edited by caj23; 7th October 2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo

Regular in the Side
    TDL pops up as one who can kick 4-5 for us...but needs his chances..
    Please not Milne....Would welcome back Schneid's consistantly popped up for the saints bagging 2-3's a game...
    i still think we need a power forward that can pop up and kick 4-5's consistantly. (but who is avail...How about getting BBBH for 1 season)

Veterans List
    I spoke to TDL tonight and he said he's signed for two more years. I said that was great news and he said he knew what he had to do to play seniors.

Later spoke to Jesse who told me that he's not taking a break as he wants to be super fit for R1 next year - said he was just fit before the start of the season and that wore off as the season went on so he wants to be fitter earlier. Both were very keen about 2012.

MMMMmmmmmm. Just heard a whisper that the radio stations in Adelaide are talking about a trade of Bulldog (Moore) for Armstrong!!!!!

Don't want to see Moore go anywhere, but he is a luxury to have in reserves and good luck to him if he goes elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    MMMMmmmmmm. Just heard a whisper that the radio stations in Adelaide are talking about a trade of Bulldog (Moore) for Armstrong!!!!!
    Gee, you'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

As popular as Bulldog is and all that, the reality is he's destined to remain in our reserves if he stays, so a reserves player for a potential seniors player is a no-brainer...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Sumner has no trade value. He can just opt out and get delisted. The Crows then pick him up in the draft because nobody else will take him.

So it makes sense that they will go for Moore. It would be win-win for both Clubs.

I think the Armstrong trade will be done early.

Anyone guessing how many trades the Swans will do overall?

I'm guessing 4.

Moore - Crows
    Bevan - GWS
    Seaby - GWS
    Meredith - a Victorian Club
    Jetta - Fremantle. Because we always semm to be giving Lyon someone

OK it's 5 but the last one doesn't count - I hope. However, someone might want to take Currie as a two player package.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Some talk around that Collingwood are interested in Seaby and Jolly may retire. Whisper is his knee is not repairable.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Some talk around that Collingwood are interested in Seaby and Jolly may retire. Whisper is his knee is not repairable.
    Woudn't have seen that coming. Depending on the accuracy of the source. I suppose a swap for Ben Reid would be out of the question.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Woudn't have seen that coming. Depending on the accuracy of the source. I suppose a swap for Ben Reid would be out of the question.
    Throw in Kieran Jack and they may consider it.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!