Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

Regular in the Side
    As a long time (almost 60 yrs) supporter I again reiterate my disappointment at the TA/ TJ trade. Someone said in a post its not JL who does the list mgt but K Beatson. Someone has to be accountable for our deplorable drafting of top picks even though we have a few winners. LJ pick 12, PV picj 11 and we overlooked C Rioli, J willoughby a high pick . Lewis J I think had to be perserved with could play down back and is only young. Armstrong as had been said was not contracted and unless Lewis asked to go home should have let Armstrong go into the preseason draft, take the risk that someone else would have picked him up. The draft picks we have in a shollow draft (or so they say) are not worth it except for TM at 21.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    A list mangement decision was made that it was more in our interest to trade and get a pick then it was to keep LJ on the list, if he lived up to his promise and put an effort in he would never of been traded. The bottomline is while LJ has potenial he never lived up to it.
    +1

Why is this so hard to understand by so many? Is the fantasy easier to hold onto as your truth? Reality is a hard concept to grasp.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I was disappointed when I heard we had put in LJ to the deal, as I think we could have got Armstrong for much less than what we have effectively paid for him, but I trust our footy department to know our list, what we need and who we must keep and who is surplus to requirements. I'd be suprised if we don't have another forward of some description on the books before the end of trade week tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I've got the sunblock all ready...see you under that tree at Lakeside!
    You're on.

I dunno people. All this angst about recruiting intelligence, when if you think objectively its being done by the same group that brought us Kennedy, McGlynne, Mumford, and who recruited a kid who was still at school (you know, the 2010 Rising Star award winner). There are reasons for decisions made that we are not privvy to. No amount of speculation is going to change that.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I dunno people. All this angst about recruiting intelligence, when if you think objectively its being done by the same group that brought us Kennedy, McGlynne, Mumford, and who recruited a kid who was still at school (you know, the 2010 Rising Star award winner). There are reasons for decisions made that we are not privvy to. No amount of speculation is going to change that.
    You're exactly right, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    What concerns me about the Armstrong trade is this... when i look at the BF Adelaide site, all the contributors are super happy to be getting LJ in this trade. No one seems regretful that they got rid of Armstrong to get him... The contributors all basically feel they got a steal of a trade and can't believe sydney agreed to it... that's troubling.... I went on the site hoping to find heaps of praise about Armstrong and people being annoyed he's leaving (like posts on here about LJ)... not the case.
    There's your problem. Reading BF and expecting something intelligent. I haven't looked at that site at all during this trade period not even the Swans section. I learnt from previous experiences.

It's Johnston for Pick 35 and not Johnston for Armstrong. We got Tony for nothing. There is a difference.

If the Swans decided to trade AJ (Alex) then what sort of pick would you have expected to get for him? I'd say at least 35 on this years proven performance and potential. He was pick 57. Hanners was pick 30 in the Lewis Johnston draft. Jessie was pick 79. What would they be worth in this trade?

Does that help put things into perspective?

I understand disappointment but there is no point grieving over something you never had or which didn't materialise otherwise we would all be crying over high school sweethearts.
    Last edited by Bas; 16th October 2011 at 10:37 AM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    . LJ pick 12, PV picj 11 and we overlooked C Rioli,
    Once and for all time PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE RECRUITERS FOR CYRIL RIOLI. It is very well documented that there were question marks over his attitude because
    HE DID NOT WANT TO GO INTERSTATE.

Why is that statement so hard for so many on here to comprehend? Easier to just blame our club I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I was disappointed when I heard we had put in LJ to the deal, as I think we could have got Armstrong for much less than what we have effectively paid for him, but I trust our footy department to know our list, what we need and who we must keep and who is surplus to requirements. I'd be suprised if we don't have another forward of some description on the books before the end of trade week tomorrow.
    Spot on. I was very disappointed in the decision as I always felt Lewis' injuries have prevented him from being the player we all hoped he could be and that a decent run injury wise would have given us a better idea, but having said that I have complete faith in the recruiting department. They know what we have and they know what we need and, more importantly, have a PROVEN track record!

Didn't LJ sign a 2 yr contract extension only a couple of months ago? Why would a) he sign it then decide to leave and b) the club trade him after they just committed to him?

What's the point of signing the contract in the first place?
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    There's your problem. Reading BF and expecting something intelligent. I haven't looked at that site at all during this trade period not even the Swans section. I learnt from previous experiences.

It's Johnston for Pick 35 and not Johnston for Armstrong. We got Tony for nothing. There is a difference.

If the Swans decided to trade AJ (Alex) then what sort of pick would you have expected to get for him? I'd say at least 35 on this years proven performance and potential. He was pick 57. Hanners was pick 30 in the Lewis Johnston draft. Jessie was pick 79. What would they be worth in this trade?

Does that help put things into perspective?

I understand disappointment but there is no point grieving over something you never had or which didn't materialise otherwise we would all be crying over high school sweethearts.
    I do cry over 1 high school sweet heart who became a wealthy women.I could have handled being the toy boy house husband.

When you think about it, Armstrong and Pick 35 for a guy yet to prove himself isn't that bad. As much as I think LJ will be a good player and would have liked him to stay, our trading record over the years is the envy of the competition so giving the club the benefit of the doubt isn't out of the question.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    You're on.

The voice of reason.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Is anyone else surprised the both Currie and TDL haven't come up in Tradeweek?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Is anyone else surprised the both Currie and TDL haven't come up in Tradeweek?
    No, because I doubt they have any value. The former hasn't played a game in four years, and the latter has clear issues with fitness and was a mature age recruit.

All we would get at best is a late pick in a weak draft, which would not benefit us and is not what we should be looking for when we are looking to push to the top few spots on the ladder.