13 16.46%
  • Byron Sumner

45 56.96%
  • Jesse White

21 26.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Delistings 2011

Amazed that 13.11% have voted Jetta to be delisted!

WTF are some of you guys on?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Why the amazement? Jetta started off in a blaze of glory in the NAB Cup match against Carlton in 2010, but it's been all downhill since then. His return is 16 goals, 33 behinds from 40 games.

Check out the comparison with Gary Rohan, another speedster who's returned 15 goals, 4 behinds in 18 games. Those are the sort of returns we wanted from Jetta.

The problem is it doesn't look like he can deliver.

And of course every player should from game one fit seamlessly into the team. Jettas in his second season, yes he hasnt come on this year as expected but to suggest he should be up for delisting is just silly talk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Scott, I believe Bradshaw, B2 and Tadhg covers it...
    OK, cheers, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Some people expect far too much from some of the young guys.
    Some fit it well, others take time.
    Some take too much time.

On the Rookie List
    Yes that is ridiculous to suggest delisting jetta, he has brought something to the team that we have lacked in, speed. It could be a case of the second year blues, which is common, but overall he wasnt that bad this season IMO. The game against north was won because he came on in the last qtr and ran, ran, ran. Give him some more time FFS.

Jets NEEDS more game time.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Why the amazement? Jetta started off in a blaze of glory in the NAB Cup match against Carlton in 2010, but it's been all downhill since then. His return is 16 goals, 33 behinds from 40 games.

Check out the comparison with Gary Rohan, another speedster who's returned 15 goals, 4 behinds in 18 games. Those are the sort of returns we wanted from Jetta.

Thankfully the coaches show more patience then some of the supporters on this site. Some young blokes can hit the ground running and some take time. The coaches know this and will be working hard with Jets to get him up to the standard required. Also I've seen Jets do the things that are required of him (just not on a consistent basis) so in my view it's wrong to suggest that it doesn't look like he can deliver.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Jets had a BIG year off the field this year with so much happening for a young man.

I'd expect him to be much more settled next year and I can't wait to see him hit his straps and deliver omelette sized answers to the doubters on RWO...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    No doubts on Jetstar from me, only that he probably was kept in the team this season for too long when he wasn't playing well. He is a star in the making, no question about it, but by not putting him in the twos earlier, it leads to people looking at stats like the one CS mentioned and deciding that's he's no good. He was just out of form, that's all.
    I'm in the camp, however, with doubts on Mocca, who has the body to really impose himself on a game but just hasn't as yet. This might sound strange, but it wouldn't worry me if he got suspended once or twice, because I reckon he'd be a better player in the long run if he threw his weight around and ran through a couple of blokes. Just bowl someone over and leave them lying. IMO it would give him the confidence to believe he belongs in AFL footy, a realisation it appears he hasn't had yet.
    The rest of our young blokes? Geez I'm excited.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post

It has not been all downhill! His Nab series last year was great, and no doubt there's been adjustments since then (I believe its called second year blues, and has affected more than just Jetta) look at Daniel Wells. People have been saying for years he's not playing to his 'potential', this year he was near bog every north game I saw. I'm prepared to wait for Lewis Jetta to find his way, when he does, we will have a hell of a footballer.

Jetta needs to harden up. At present, you couldnt entertain the remotest thought of playing him in finals, as he is too soft at the ball, and wouldnt get a touch.

For this he needs to bulk up a bit, and get more consistancy.

I wouldnt delist him, but he needs a big pre-season before 2012.

MUST keep Jesse and TDL....Jesse will be a star..wait until he gets to 70-80 games,his form late this year showed glimpses,big kids take ages,especially those from non-AFL backgrounds..and TDL,given a good injury run is one of the better and smarter small fowards going round...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast