Thread: Press Busters

Senior Player

Press Busters

After seeing Andreas Everitt's 80m torp on the Swans site it is interesting to think that we may have two "Press Busters" in the side (with LJ the other). You could get a goal from full back in about 15 seconds with kick outs like that.

It also makes you wonder whether the torp might be back as a weapon, even if in a limited capacity.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    If Andrejs can do that with any consistency it's certainly quite handy.

Could be a new interesting style of play to try in the off-season if him and LJ can do it consistently.

Senior Player
    RE: Everitt, he is going to have to pull his finger out big time in 2012 as he would be lucky to rate in our top 30 players, let alone our best 22. Secondly, even if he did make our best 22 he has proven to be a liability in defence.

If (and a pretty big if IMO) he comes good I suspect it will be as a key forward

i still think LJ will become a player for us in defence or attack

i do think Alex Johnson was the pic ahead of LJ just because of his endurance and speed.........but AJ struggles a bit with the way he drops the ball onto his foot in slow motion on the counter where as LJ nails a pass short or long
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

When I read the title I thought someone had come up with a way to get rid of Caro Wilson. Damn !!

Dead straight too would have been a goal if the posts were absolutely on the centre circle!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

It would be a great thing for Incy to have a weapon in his arsenal that is unique and damn useful.

LJ and his crumbling body....hoping for the best.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood