Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hall to GWS ?

Hall to GWS ?

Article by Todd B. suggests Hally has signed with GWS.

http://www.news.com.au/retired-weste...-1226156818228

Living in 2005
    I'd be surprised personally. The decision to retire seemed pretty much to be his own made on sound reasoning.

Plus it would make his "Bulldog for life" comments look a bit hallow I'd suggest!.

was he in the parade of retired players yesterday ?(we dont know because freakin Channel 10 didnt show it all!) maybe he might go thre as their forwards coach - who would know,

On Teams the other night in "give me something" David Parkin intimated that Hall wouldnt be in the parade of retired players - can someone confirm if he was or not?
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

He's in danger of becoming a...'Dame Nellie Melba'.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Or a Plugger.

I don't buy it. He says he's a Bulldog for life. Not even Hall could walk that one back.

Plus he obviously prefers the Melbourne spotlight over Sydney anonymity.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    was he in the parade of retired players yesterday ?(we dont know because freakin Channel 10 didnt show it all!) maybe he might go thre as their forwards coach - who would know,
    No he was not there.

Just wild about Harry
    Cant wait for the next book where he dumps on the Bulldogs while he is at GWS.

Veteran Site Admin
    He can't move to GWS without the Dogs' blessing. They would either have to agree to him going there (as GWS have already taken Ward as an uncontracted player) or they would have to delist him in the first list lodgement period (which is tantamount to agreeing to let him go). If GWS wanted him then the Dogs would be mad not to try and get them to trade for him.

That said, I can't see it somehow. I think he knows his body has had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Plus it would make his "Bulldog for life" comments look a bit hallow I'd suggest!.
    Just because you change clubs at the end of your career, doesn't mean you can't be a "Bulldog for life"

Doug Hawkins - definitely Dog for life, despite finishing his playing career at Fitzroy
    Dermie - Hawk for life, though had stints at Sydney and Collingwood (back involved with the Hawks)
    Jordan - Bull for life inspite of his ill-fated comeback with the Wizards
    Pippen - same deal but with the Lakers ... still goes to Bulls games
    Modra - still plays the "Slowdowns" with the Crows and was talking about being involved with the club again, even though he spent time at Freo.
    Bobby Skilton - could there be anymore a typical Swan? But he coached Melbourne.

Your heart might not be where your boots currently play.

For Hall, it might be the challenge of helping out a new Club (like Jordan at the Wizards, or our very own Paul Kelly at GWS ... is he not a Swan for life?)

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Just because you change clubs at the end of your career, doesn't mean you can't be a "Bulldog for life"

Doug Hawkins - definitely Dog for life, despite finishing his playing career at Fitzroy
    Dermie - Hawk for life, though had stints at Sydney and Collingwood (back involved with the Hawks)
    Jordan - Bull for life inspite of his ill-fated comeback with the Wizards
    Pippen - same deal but with the Lakers ... still goes to Bulls games
    Modra - still plays the "Slowdowns" with the Crows and was talking about being involved with the club again, even though he spent time at Freo.
    Bobby Skilton - could there be anymore a typical Swan? But he coached Melbourne.

Your heart might not be where your boots currently play.

For Hall, it might be the challenge of helping out a new Club (like Jordan at the Wizards, or our very own Paul Kelly at GWS ... is he not a Swan for life?)
    I agree with you but that wasn't my point, he may well be a Bulldog for life (despite being our Premiership captian). It was a comment he made at the press conference that was ending his playing career. If his playing career has not ended and he is going to play at his 4th club, then that question and subsequent answer is pretty pointless until the real end of his career.

You have to admit it's strange to declare yourself a bulldog for life in your RETIREMENT press conference, only to move onto a new club a few weeks later!! (Hypothetical view of situation that hasn't even happened of course, and I am not convinced he is going to play for the giants in anycase)
    Last edited by Damien; 3rd October 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Sheedy has form of course. Mal Michael retired from Brisbane and within a week or so was persuaded by the Bombers out of retirement and Brisbane got zilch.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    As for that press conference - he can always pull the "that was then, this is now" line. ( wasn't that a brat pack film back in the day)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast