Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Delistings thread (merged) - 4 senior players delisted

I thought Barlow was really impressive in a couple of games I saw; among their best. Obviously he just couldn't earn a spot regularly, and that was his downfall.

Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    I thought Barlow was really impressive in a couple of games I saw; among their best. Obviously he just couldn't earn a spot regularly, and that was his downfall.

Shame.
    Must have been different games to the ones I watched. Although technically he could have been amongst their best considering they were so bad this year.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Ed Barlow, had the height to be a key position player, but not the build or the presence. Had the stamina to be a midfield player, but not the skill, guts or determination.

Could only play flank or wing and there are too many players ahead of his for those spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Ed Barlow, had the height to be a key position player, but not the build or the presence. Had the stamina to be a midfield player, but not the skill, guts or determination.
    Could only play flank or wing and there are too many players ahead of his for those spots.
    Yep it didn't matter where he played, he was terrible everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Must have been different games to the ones I watched. Although technically he could have been amongst their best considering they were so bad this year.
    Glad you said that Bas cause I thought I must be nuts when I read what a few others on here had written. I watched the games he played for the dogs and I thought he was very ordinary, or should I say very typically Ed, do one or two good things then go missing for ages and soooooooo easily knocked out of a contest.

I'm surprised Ed lasted this long in the AFL system. He was a terrific athlete but a terrible footballer.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm surprised Ed lasted this long in the AFL system. He was a terrific athlete but a terrible footballer.
    Have we discovered a way yet that Ed and Jarred Moore could swap bodies?????

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Have we discovered a way yet that Ed and Jarred Moore could swap bodies?????
    Ed's football skills and Bulldogs body would be great to watch.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    Ed's football skills and Bulldogs body would be great to watch.
    GWS can have that and we'll keep the other half of the combo....

He could take a good mark, not a bad sot at goal but so bloody inconsistent. He had pace but more often than not he overran the ball. He didn't have footy smarts and wasn't a natural footballer, a leftover of the time when clubs all wanted athletes not footballers. I like footballers quite frankly at least they know instinctively how to play. So yes Al you are quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Mark Robinson named him among the best players of the round twice at one point, so perhaps the two of us inhabit an alternate universe.

I had to ask but has Ed actually been delisted? He hasn't appeared on any list that I've seen and I think the person who said he'd been delisted was referring to an article where it said the Bulldogs had only retained 1 rookie and it wasn't Barlow. Ed was playing as a nominated rookie hence his games at senior level and as far as I know is still on their list. He showed miles more than Patty Vez did at any stage this year.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast