Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Kelly quits GWS

Paul Kelly quits GWS

He couldn't bear to support GWS against the Swans so he hasn't renewed his contract.

Love your work Kel.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/ne...s/2369197.aspx
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Makes me feel more comfortable! Even though moves like this are getting more and more common. Harvey to Collingwood etc

THIS is why I love Paul Kelly.

I always knew that you loved us more Kels.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Goes up to 11
    LOL @ GWS....

Well done Kel - we'll take you back anytime. One of my favourite AFL players. Ever.

Great stuff Kel.
    Now let's start syphoning the best Riverina talent you've unearthed..... to the Swans academy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

To Swans Academy??
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

That's better. I can relax now. Freaked me out when Kel went to GWS. Glad to hear he has left the dark side and come back to the red side. OK Swans, get him something to do down south.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Kelly you @@@@ing legend.

On the Rookie List
    Love it!

but ... does anyone else wonder if the reason he left GWS is because he knows of specific tactics to unsettle the Swans e.g. big name player poaching?? Even though he is a blood, surely it's not so hard to work with another team through their first few struggling seasons, when nobody is really too worried about playing them (surely even taking a job with them in the first place was tough). What if he knows about specific plans by GWS to upset Swans fans and the club? Was there a tipping point that he couldn't be a part of? Does anyone put such tactics past Sheedy who would know that developing a rivalry in Sydney is probably the best way to ensure success. Is there more to this departure than meets the eye?
    follow me on twitter harbourviewsafl

Way to make me nervous all of a sudden.

Veteran Site Admin
    I remember watching him present the PK medal to Goodes at the most recent B&F dinner and noticed how the words he used made it evident he thinks of himself as still part of the Swans family. At the time I wondered how his fitted with him being an employee of the Giants.

It is a shame in many ways that the state has been diced the way it has. It would be good if both clubs had some access to young players from all over the state as it would make the rivalry throughout NSW stronger. However, logistically I understand that it makes sense to divide the state the way they have. Otherwise both clubs would need to set up more facilities to cater for a wider geographical spread of academy members. A looser geographical split would also make it more likely that clubs might try to lure particularly promising young players over to their side of the boundary - which probably wouldn't be a particularly healthy thing for the youngsters involved.

Living in 2005
    That made me smile!. For me there was always something just so wrong about Kel working for anyone else, I get it's the way of the world and would never hold it against the great man, but there is something just so extra special about Kel and how he basically provided the blood that our re-birth in the 90s was formed out of. I love that he is and will always be a die hard Swan!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast