Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: First game of the season - Swans v GWS

Veterans List
    A little help needed folks. I'm coming to Sydney for the GWS game but I've never been to ANZ before.

I've had the e-mail about tickets from the club, is it worth just ignoring th cost and going for the Platinum tickets. Will they be the best seats?

Thanks in advance

707,If it was my first trip to a ground I'd pay to sit in the best seats. Platinum are the bays on the centre wing and on Level 4. Level 4 can be a little high for some but it depends on your preference. I sit in towards the back in Bay 130 normally which IMO is about as good as it gets at ANZ.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I predict the same as Waz at least 3 wins up to 5. They will beat Port and I think they are a chance against the Bullies, Melbourne, Crows and Saints. I think all the sides other than Port (who are just stuffed) are in a rebuilding phase.
    People were saying last year that the gold coast wouldnt win a game and they ended up with winning 3 and perhaps could of won another 1 or 2 aswell....I agree this will apply to GWS aswell, they'll bob up somewhere and knock someone over, their biggest chance will be against port at home IMO. Im giving them 2 wins for the year. In saying that has anyone even entertained the thought of them winning against us???? I dont think it will happen, but how disastrous, embarrassing and humiliating that would be to lose to them in the opening round.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    I'll also be making the trip to sydney for the game and I've only ever been there once when I was a kid so I have no idea about anything. I have a couple of questions I need help with if anyone would be kind enough to help me out with?

First of all, what is the best and probably cheapest way for 3 people to get from the airport to anz stadium?
    And also the best way to get back to the airport afterwards? And in regards to that, are trains in sydney safe to travel on late on a saturday night?

I would be so grateful if anyone could help me out with these!

Senior Player
    Get a train into the city then to ANZ and back. There's a hefty surcharge on the airport train station but you'll cop that from cabs as well.

Trains are plenty safe.

Yes I believe we should always be wary of a minnow. Never be too overconfident, I don't think the boys will be I hope they will just be motivated. We don't always get off to a good start to the season it would be nice to get a good win under our belt.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Thank you so much!

If you get your tickets in advance they will include the cost of transport from city to ANZ. Not however from the airport, but that train takes you to Central, so disembark there and go to ticket office. Just ask, or follow the red and whiters, and you will be directed to the correct train station out to the ANZ stadium, or Olympic Park precinct (same thing). No worries about riding with Sydney Swans supporters there and back. Wear a bit of Swans clobber and you will be easily identified.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Do you realise we haven't won a round one since 2005. We drew last year against Melbourne but that is the closest we have come since 2005. About time to win round one

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Do you realise we haven't won a round one since 2005. We drew last year against Melbourne but that is the closest we have come since 2005. About time to win round one
    I don't think it counts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A little help needed folks. I'm coming to Sydney for the GWS game but I've never been to ANZ before.

I've had the e-mail about tickets from the club, is it worth just ignoring th cost and going for the Platinum tickets. Will they be the best seats?

Thanks in advance
    The views from Level 4 are excellent if you can get seats there. Try bays 407 or 408 on the eastern wing (the western wing is the members section).

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I don't think it counts this year.
    Probably not but I hate to be complacent.