Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: First game of the season - Swans v GWS

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar
    I live in the south and am definitely going to the game.

I desperately want to see a sea of red and white and turn into our home game.

I want us to prove there is only one team in Sydney and that's us.

Veterans List
    I'm driving up from Melbourne for the game, hopefully it's mostly Swans supporters.

I,m staying with friends near Chatswood.

Can someone give me the heads up on trains etc to the venue.

Thanks in advance.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I'm driving up from Melbourne for the game, hopefully it's mostly Swans supporters.

Thanks in advance.
    There's a train station at Chatswood + one right at the stadium, you should be able to catch a train from Chatswood to Lidcombe (about 45 minutes) then change at Lidcombe for one to Olympic Park (about 5 minutes). You should have quite a few Swans fans making the same trip with you, but you might want to line up a lift from Chatswood station when you get back.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Goes up to 11

Thanks in advance.
    Actually they'll run trains direct from Central to Olympic Park for the match so no need to go to Lidcombe then backtrack. You catch the train from Chatswood to Central, then follow the signs to the Olypic Park trains - alternatively you follow the stream of red and white to the train... Easy.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Actually they'll run trains direct from Central to Olympic Park for the match so no need to go to Lidcombe then backtrack. You catch the train from Chatswood to Central, then follow the signs to the Olypic Park trains - alternatively you follow the stream of red and white to the train... Easy.
    Even better! Some how I've basically done that train trip before (well, from St Leonards) but never when an event is actually on!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Get in Car
    Drive
    Free Park P3

One of the only advantages Homebush has over the SCG is the ease of parking.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

It would be embarrassing if we were out numbered by GW$ supporters
    I'll be there

Veterans List
    Thanks guys, I knew you'd put me on the right tram, I mean train.

Looking forward to the game and ressies to watch beforehand, should be a pretty smart reserves team too, nice :-)

Hopefully not working as much this year so plan to travel around the country a bit catching a few games. Only did the Gold Coast last year.

Veteran Site Admin
    If the North Shore trains run through Central and onwards, it is much easier to change at Redfern than at Central. All the OP trains leave from the same platform at Redfern, rather than a variety of platforms at different ends of the station. It has been a while since I caught a train from the North Shore, so I can't remember if they end at Central or go on to other destinations (in which case they would pretty much have to stop at Redfern).

Note that if you are planning on going to the reserves game, the direct OP services probably won't have started by the time you are trying to get to the ground. In that case, you either need to drive or catch a train to Lidcombe and then get the irritating little shuttle onto Olympic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by King Roosy View Post
    I desperately want to see a sea of red and white and turn into our home game.

I want us to prove there is only one team in Sydney and that's us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    It would be embarrassing if we were out numbered by GW$ supporters. I'll be there
    I think it's great some of our Melbourne supporters are coming up for this game. That's loyalty for you.

But the grim reality is that many of our eastern suburbs members dislike going to Homebush. So it will interesting to see how many of them bother attending the GWS games, especially in Round 14, which is designated as our home game.

To be honest, I think we all believe we're going to win both matches, and by considerable margins. We'd hardly be top 4 contenders if we didn't. So it wouldn't surprise me if not many of our supporters attend in Round 1 - a bit like the infamous final against North in 2008.

Even so, it's most unlikely that GWS supporters will out-number us. According to their website, they've got just over 4,000 members so far, and had about 12,000 foundation members last year. Even if all of them convert there will be double-ups with us, and I just can't see our switch-hitters supporting GWS when it comes to the crunch.

Only 67 days to go....

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Only 67 days to go....
    GWS game - is coming in 2 mths, 7 days, 14 hrs, 5 mins, 9 secs!
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast