Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Testing start for young Swans

Senior Player
    Official Gallery is up:

How to view the gallery:

- When you click on the link, scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the photo gallery titled '2012 Pre-Season: Day 1 (November 10)'.

- Click on the image of the boys starting the time trial to begin the gallery

- To cycle between photos, move your mouse to the top right hand corner of the photo and click the next button.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/photo%...2/default.aspx

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I have to say, when I think of a role for Jetta it doesn't include snapping many goals, but we don't have many small crumbing options so giving him a trial run in that position couldn't hurt.

What happened to him after he finished 2010 so positively?
    2nd years blues, new father, lack of sleep? confidence levels etc mixture of all?

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    2nd years blues, new father, lack of sleep? confidence levels etc mixture of all?
    I hope it is that, because he could offer us so much more.

How good is it to hear Longmire on our players, goals etc? He's a real straight shooter, great to listen to imo.

Interesting. jetta last is the most disappointing 3rd pre-season gota be quicker than that.
    For a speedster like Jetta the placing in an endurance race is irrelevant. His time should be compared to his own time from last year and the time deemed to be acceptable by the fitness staff.
    Last edited by Big Al; 10th November 2011 at 07:10 PM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

he may become the loose attacking back like a Leone Davis

stranger things have happened !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    For a speedster like Jetta the placing in an endurance race is irrelevant. His time should be compared to his own time from last year and the time deemed to be acceptable by the fitness staff.
    Yep, the biggest comparison is with his own time at the start of the last preseason.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tommy had better be looking sharp and keeping an eye on the hands and feet.

Re Cambo, I like him a lot, he has such a great attitude and is so desperate to succeed that you know he is not going to waste any opportunity, he can also kick a prettty neat goal from 50 as well!

I think they should of traded Jetta while he is still worth something.
    I get the feeling it will be more of the same from him....inconsistent and frustrating.
    He gives the impression he lacks the full on commitment required.
    Hope I'm wrong.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I think Jetta's problem is not that he's lazy, but more the opposite - he's hard-working but not hugely gifted. Remember he was a mature age recruit after being passed over in the draft, so he's stuck at it. If he wants to stay in the As though he'll need to put on more muscle. And improve his decision-making (Essendon handpass = *face/palm).
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    he may become the loose attacking back like a Leone Davis

stranger things have happened !
    I hope not, Davis is the most overrated player in the AFL.

He got a free ride in the backline in a team that won the bulk of its games, but when the heat was on in the Grand Final his loose checking allowed his direct opponent to kick the first 2 goals of the game. His "pinpoint" disposal playing the Joel Bowden role was also pretty ordinary.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Well the coach was disappointed, as was I.

The speedster excuse is a bit thin, goodes, reid and rohan are quicker over 20m (I can back it up with facts when I get a moment at work if needed ). And besides goodes who didn't participate the other 2 all beat him over 3km. With one being a 20+kg's heavier and our CHF.

I know where you are coming from with regards to comparisons of his own times, lets hope they were happy with his time last year, and that he at least matched it this year.

I want him to succeed and be as good as we have seen in glimpses. He's comes across pretty genuine and a nice guy. Like all our players we want the best for them.

On the Rookie List
    My girlfriend interviewed him a few weeks ago and he was very upfront about how difficult it has been for him to find the balance between footy and being a first time dad. He said he started to find that balance towards the end of last year. Of course there are other things involved as well. To me he really looks like a confidence player. Remember how he burst onto the scene in his first year? - even sounded a bit cocky (in a nice way!) but then he just seemed a bit more aware of his own limitations. He kicked the ball more than running with it which is where he really shines. Hopefully he can have a breakthrough game next year and gain his confidence again.
    follow me on twitter harbourviewsafl

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast