Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favourite Swans Goal Ever

Nick Davis sealing the win over Collingwood at Telstra Dome in 2003 and giving it to the supporters.

And of course Nick Davis v Geelong. Easily one of the greatest moments of my life, can't see it being topped as a thrilling footy match to experience live.

Senior Player
    Surprised to see that Micky O hasn't got a mention because I reckon about 20 of his goals are among my favourites( the Wet Toast one where he yelled at the Wet Toast supporters especially comes to mind).

Loved the Stevey Hoffman goal.

Loved Nicky D's goal kicked out of the air from about 40m out against Carlton at Optus Oval.

A word also needs to be said about the great Peter Bedford. This guy seemed to have superhuman reflexes and there were many times that there would be a big pack in front of the goals and suddenly the ball would sail through courtesy one PB. Too quick to appreciate and with poor quality vision and no replays hard to understand what the hell happened.

In terms of PB's best goal I remember one day at the Lake Oval (can't remember who we played) PB was running directly to the boundary line on the right hand forward pocket at the members end and kicked a helicopter kick at right angles to where he was running. It had such spin on the ball the it propelled itself through the middle of the empty goal square when it hit the ground). It seemed like an absolute freak of a goal however it gave the impression that it was not an "accident".

Within a couple of minutes the great man DID THE SAME AGAIN!!

Bobby Skilton should be mentioned here because he kicked many great goals , most of which were just the perfection we came to expect from him but would have been freakish if done by another player.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Scottee, My list includes Magics against the Eagles.

Another memorable one was his off break after a check side from 40m against the bummers at Docklands in 05.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

for me its Nick Davis first, second, third & last goals in final quarter of the semi final - those of us lucky enough to be there on the night experienced all the footy emoitions, and just when we were all about to hit the exits early to beat the traffic, the genius of Davo came, brought us back from the dead and in short we got to witness a true miracle. I miss him!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Veterans List
    I recall Peter Bedford running through the centre, taking a couple of bounces, eluding defenders and slotting one at the stand end against a howling gale. Not sure but I think it may have been the winning goal. The man was a star.

On the Rookie List
    Many wonderful goals but for the desperation of the context in which it was kicked no one could surpass Nick Davis's 4 goals against Geelong to keep us in the Premiership race. Unbelievable ! The first one a ever so quick fend off to kick a crumbers goal ,the final one a true piece of rucking and roving genius.I also love the long bomb by Rok to a forward Davis who can mark and kick straight for a goal.Why has that play dissappeared from the game? Each goal was a classic piece of football lore,each goal was different but superb. I don't think I will ever see anything quite like that again.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Personal favourite is the Goodes goal in the 05 GF. Doesnt seem like much, but if you watch the spill on the wing he is defensive side of his opponent in the centre square. Turnover to Matthews on the 50 on the wing, centres to Crouch (I think) who belts it to the tip of the square and Goodes is first to the crumbs and goals off his left.

Then of course the MOL goals mentioned above and Davis kicked a few that were ok too.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Just remembered one that meant little in the overall history of the club but that was an absolute belter at the time. Round 1 in the early 90s - I'd guess 1990 but I may be wrong - and the struggling Swans were up against the still mighty Blues at Princes Park, where we had not won for about 170 million years at that point.
    We went in with the usual low expectations, but had recruited a new full forward from Tassie called Shane Fell who was physically a bit like Jason Dunstall and there was a bit of a buzz about him. Fell tore the already massively irritating Stephen Silvagni a new sphincter, kicking five against him on debut including one from an absolute screamer in the goalsquare at the Heatley end. Despite Fell's heroics, the Swans were nonetheless about five goals down at 3/4 time. And then came the red and white avalanche. About 60 seconds before the end Tom Mitchell Snr wove his way through some traffic and kicked a beautiful running goal from about 40 metres to finally put us ahead and we held on to win by a few points against all the odds, all the history and all the expectations of the very surly Blues army. Mitchell's goal remains one of the sweetest moments of my football-going life.
    I also remember that one Grubby Stubbs was sitting about 15 metres further around towards goal than me in the general admission seats and was beside himself. Not that I think anyone doubts it, but the guy is red and white through and through.
    Of course, that game served to raise expectations that were never going to be delivered. We got flogged the next week by the humble Bulldogs, with some young stringbean called Chris Grant playing really well in his first or second game.
    The season turned into a complete disaster and Shane Fell never played another game as good as his debut. But that Mitchell goal and that win were what going to the footy is all about.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    not many would have seen the replay but Goodes' "The Brownlow Man, THE BROWNLOW MAN" goal in the 2006 GF was awesome.
    I remember the roar from the swans supporters in my end when he split the middle from 50 in the first 10 seconds of the last quarter.

Only memory i will take from that horrible day.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Many wonderful goals but for the desperation of the context in which it was kicked no one could surpass Nick Davis's 4 goals against Geelong to keep us in the Premiership race. Unbelievable ! The first one a ever so quick fend off to kick a crumbers goal ,the final one a true piece of rucking and roving genius.I also love the long bomb by Rok to a forward Davis who can mark and kick straight for a goal.Why has that play dissappeared from the game? Each goal was a classic piece of football lore,each goal was different but superb. I don't think I will ever see anything quite like that again.
    Altogether an amazing display. And I think Davo showed a combination of balance and sheer physical strength that never got the recognition it deserved; he strikes me as quite powerful for his size.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234