Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodes welcomes 'little brother' Giants

Goodes welcomes 'little brother' Giants

Goodsy puts a positive spin on GWS and barring injury passing MOL's games record in Rnd 4 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Goodsy puts a positive spin on GWS and barring injury passing MOL's games record in Rnd 4 next year.
    Sorry i'll try again... here's the article Goodes welcomes 'little brother' Giants - ABC Grandstand Sport (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Well done Goodsey. You are spot on about GWS. A healthy rivalry will be great for AFL in this city.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

More Canberra Giants stories, who cares?
    -

Ever the gentleman. Good for you.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Living in 2005
    Healthier if he said something bad about them though. Wont get to Derby or Showdown levels with little brother analogies, although, wanting to 'beat them u'p warmed my heart

We've been around since 1874 and it's our 30th year in this city, I want it rubbed in GWS' faces!!! I don't want to have to wait for some s/a comment from Sheeds to get the ball moving!

More Canberra Giants stories, who cares?
    Yes I'm sick of them too, but I guess they need the publicity.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Take no prisioners and give them nothing.

Our team will try to destroy them and so should we as supporters.

Vote NO to g.w.$ and the likes of Tom $cully.

TWO CITIES....ONE TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be interesting to see, how many years before little brother gives big brother a beating. Rivalry will be great.

Sorry to tell you anti GWS people but GWS is the team born in Sydney even if it may have been conceived in Melbourne. More games in Sydney is what most have been wanting for years.

I can't wait to see the day when both teams are beating interstate sides regularly and it would be a dream to see them play each other in a Grand Final. Not been done yet by two clubs from the same state.

The round 4 match is looking like being a significant game to attend. Pity its against the Shin boneheaders. Goodesy deserves to become the record holder.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    The round 4 match is looking like being a significant game to attend. Pity its against the Shin boneheaders. Goodesy deserves to become the record holder.
    Disagree, who better to get the record against than those perennial whingers. Our bunnies since 2007, it'll be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Disagree, who better to get the record against than those perennial whingers. Our bunnies since 2007, it'll be sweet!
    I'm just glad that, barring injury, he'll break the record at the SCG and not an away ground like the MCG or ANZ.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Sorry to tell you anti GWS people but GWS is the team born in Sydney even if it may have been conceived in Melbourne. More games in Sydney is what most have been wanting for years.
    Who are these 'most'? I see very little demand for GWS in this city and the only real interest in the team has been emanating from Melbourne and other clubs who have been worried about who the new team are going to nick. Sydney is still not a big enough AFL market for 2 teams and I can only seeing this harming the Swans and our level of support, membership and profit.

I would hardly call them 'little brothers' - not with the amount of $$$'s stuffed in their nappies....

On the Rookie List
    Yeah its gonna be interesting to see how all this works, the swans struggle to attract a decent level of support up there let alone another team needing to also. A poor crowd in the round 1 game would be highly embarassing for the AFL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast