Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: love This The Boys Learning Manners

love This The Boys Learning Manners

Thought this was fun and very valuable for the boys to learn. I worked in hospitality for too many years and it was amazing how many sports people didn't even know what cutlery to use.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...5/default.aspx

Not just sports people Wolfie. A certain big fella who frequents these boards also has trouble. It's why he sticks with Gourmet Sausages and tonne of onions on a roll where cutlery isn't necessary.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I used to teach young waiting staff how to lay a table, greet guests, pour wine, hold plates, etiquette of honoured guests (Royalty, Prime Ministers, Premiers, Governors General etc). It is good for these young blokes to learn this stuff because they will be able to impress prospective partners with their manners and etiquette. They will also be able to set the table at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Not just sports people Wolfie. A certain big fella who frequents these boards also has trouble. It's why he sticks with Gourmet Sausages and tonne of onions on a roll where cutlery isn't necessary.
    I wonder how Triple B is going? Haven't heard from him in ages.

There will be pay back for that
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I hope that they were taught that to shake someones hand that you look them in the eye when you do it - I cant stand it when people look away, its rude. - its like if you clink glasses with someone for a cheery toast - if you dont look em in the eye, then its no sex for 6 months - or is it 6 years ?- either way - who's going to take that chance???
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    You're not alone Al, a girl I went out with once told me I would make the worst formal date ever, such was my awkwardness. I guess I should stay away from sophisticated girls (she was a lawyer).

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    You're not alone Al, a girl I went out with once told me I would make the worst formal date ever, such was my awkwardness. I guess I should stay away from sophisticated girls (she was a lawyer).
    you went out with the wrong kind of lawyer - my lawyer mates are very down to earth, if anything they are a bit of a rowdy bunch, they have all worked really hard for what they have and wouldnt dream of being so rude. Mind you we are all considerably older than you though. You are better off without her if thats the way she carries on like that during a date..

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    you went out with the wrong kind of lawyer - my lawyer mates are very down to earth, if anything they are a bit of a rowdy bunch, they have all worked really hard for what they have and wouldnt dream of being so rude. Mind you we are all considerably older than you though. You are better off without her if thats the way she carries on like that during a date..
    Ah Wardy, I didn't mean it in a negative way, it was more tongue in cheek! She's a lovely girl, we'd actually been friends for a few years prior and still are, my post was more tongue in cheek than anything... the night she made the comment, it was raining and I was a bit clumsy opening my umbrella and a bit of water splashed on her, and she laughed just after she said it. It was quite funny, really. It sort of summed up our date, we got along great, and she's always accepted me for who I am and been a supportive friend onseveral occasions, we're just from very different social circles so probably wouldn't have worked out. I guess it's more of an amusing anecdote. But thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Ah Wardy, I didn't mean it in a negative way, it was more tongue in cheek! She's a lovely girl, we'd actually been friends for a few years prior and still are, my post was more tongue in cheek than anything... the night she made the comment, it was raining and I was a bit clumsy opening my umbrella and a bit of water splashed on her, and she laughed just after she said it. It was quite funny, really. It sort of summed up our date, we got along great, and she's always accepted me for who I am and been a supportive friend onseveral occasions, we're just from very different social circles so probably wouldn't have worked out. I guess it's more of an amusing anecdote. But thanks for the advice
    I'm protective of those who I know, this dating crap is hard enough without the added stuff like that (and the older you get the harder it is!) anyway - point taken, and but I still think you deserve better!!!!!

I hope that they were taught that to shake someones hand that you look them in the eye when you do it - I cant stand it when people look away, its rude. - its like if you clink glasses with someone for a cheery toast - if you dont look em in the eye, then its no sex for 6 months - or is it 6 years ?- either way - who's going to take that chance???
    My friend says that about the six years with no sex. I think I am starting to believe him at my age the four letter word (or is it three) comes very rarely and I generally have a silly grin on my face for 6 months after. Yes it is rude to look away while shaking hands. I once saw the great Gough look over my father's shoulder while shaking his hand. Mind you Gough was 6'5" and Dad was 5'6" but still no excuse.

I'm protective of those who I know, this dating crap is hard enough without the added stuff like that (and the older you get the harder it is!) anyway - point taken, and but I still think you deserve better!!!!!
    Wardy you don't need dating, the footy season is about to start. 19 games is Sydney this year. Who needs to get tied down.

Since giving up internet dating, my life has improved so much. I've become friends with one of the Ladies and she told me the other week when we went out to dinner how a guy texted her a 100 times in 24 hours recently when she said that she wanted to end the contact.

Don't need those sort of weirdo's when footy is about to start. I want all my drama's played out on the field.

Fox Footy channel starts Friday. Yeah !!!!!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Wardy you don't need dating, the footy season is about to start. 19 games is Sydney this year. Who needs to get tied down.

Since giving up internet dating, my life has improved so much. I've become friends with one of the Ladies and she told me the other week when we went out to dinner how a guy texted her a 100 times in 24 hours recently when she said that she wanted to end the contact.

Don't need those sort of weirdo's when footy is about to start. I want all my drama's played out on the field.

Fox Footy channel starts Friday. Yeah !!!!!!!
    well I will be in the presence of you and Al this year - although I'm not hopeful about how close we will be - in fact I think we have been put down stairs! (might have to sneak up to see "my peeps"!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast