Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Membership

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotties View Post
    I'm not in a library, damnit. Someone summarise!
    Well, here you go.

You get:

1. A membership card
    2. A ribbony thing that allows you to hang the card around your neck, called a L-a-n-y-a-r-d
    3. A bumper sticker that will say something like "Swans Member 2012!". Because of the family friendly and generally benign nature of Swans Memberships, the bumper sticker won't say things like "My other bomb is a Sherrin" "Die Collingwood, die!" "?I?d change teams for Ryan O?Keefe? (for straight men)" or ?I?d change teams for Ryan O?Keefe? (for lesbian women).
    4. A key ring that you can attach approximately three keys to.
    5. An exclusive Swans member cap. By exclusive, it means that no one else in the entire Facebook has one except you and 25,000 other members.
    6. An official Sydney Swans envelope that contains most of the above items, placed in the convenience and comfort of your letterbox.
    7. Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesamie seed bun (optional on game day).
    8. A pony.

I'm hanging out for item 8 because I love ponies nearly as much as I love my Swans.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Well, here you go.

You get:

1. A membership card
    2. A ribbony thing that allows you to hang the card around your neck, called a L-a-n-y-a-r-d
    3. A bumper sticker that will say something like "Swans Member 2012!". Because of the family friendly and generally benign nature of Swans Memberships, the bumper sticker won't say things like "My other bomb is a Sherrin" "Die Collingwood, die!" "?I?d change teams for Ryan O?Keefe? (for straight men)" or ?I?d change teams for Ryan O?Keefe? (for lesbian women).
    5. An exclusive Swans member cap. By exclusive, it means that no one else in the entire Facebook has one except you and 25,000 other members.
    6. An official Sydney Swans envelope that contains most of the above items, placed in the convenience and comfort of your letterbox.
    7. Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesamie seed bun (optional on game day).
    8. A pony.

I'm hanging out for item 8 because I love ponies nearly as much as I love my Swans.
    What about that pony!! I can't believe it was delivered with a red and while saddle and bridle..FANTASTIC.

Senior Player
    A little Horse??

I could hear its little whinnies from outside my window and I immediately knew that God had answered my prayers.

My Little Premiership Pony. That's what I'm going to call her.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    What about that pony!! I can't believe it was delivered with a red and while saddle and bridle..FANTASTIC.
    I upgraded to a unicorn this year but am still awaiting delivery.....

I requested Black Caviar but all I got was fish eggs. Membership Department lift your game.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    A little Horse??
    If you shout at the TV long enough.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Well, here you go.

You get:

1. A membership card
    8. A pony.

On a crappy day at work you made me smile. Thank you.

Here are the 3 reasons why my membership (in place since 2005) will not be renewed this year.

No 'new? Lakeside Memberships - have a friend and want them to sign up as member with me. They can join but only if they pay for ANZ games which I won?t attend. Wut?

Two 3.15 Sunday games. Terrible time for games on a Sunday, if you?re going to put game on a prime TV watching time then I will watch on TV (btw going up against NRL is a terrible decision here, it will be embarrassing). Won?t be attending either of those 2 games, so why pay for them?

No access to the Ladies. Stand is going nowhere but Red Zone members can?t access it. Not that the club bothered to let me know this, had to find out on ROW.

tl:dr? NARF.

Come at me people.

Sure it's not all the clubs doing but they are the ones who have to complete for my time and money. They've failed this year.

I might end up with a 3 match pass towards the end of the season and there are a couple of 2 for 1 deals floating around so I?ll see a few games, just not as a member.

So it goes.
    -

Everyone's situation is different and we all have different priorities so you'll get no criticism from me.

Only thing I'll say is that with the NA Noble going they couldn't let all the Red Zoners access to the Ladies stand. The SCG members had to take priority there. As for your other points as I said above each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    On a crappy day at work you made me smile. Thank you.
    Pleasure!

Senior Player
    The decision to drop the Lakeside memberships is interesting . I don't quite understand it.

Was it extremely unpopular and thus not worth continuing?

Was it embarrassingly popular and showed a greater lack of interest in ANZ than was previously thought? Maybe it
    indicated a trend that the Swans were not prepared to let develop further?

Has the emergence this season of the Giants and that being their homeground had some influence?

Am I playing with some minor conspiracy theory and looking stupid?

Any thoughts? (Not re my being 'stupid' though!)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast