Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 season and recruiting

2012 season and recruiting

Noticed the clearances section up and running, be a interesting few weeks for player movements, signings and transfers to start rolling through.

Any word on the street, with the forum down last few weeks and some old posts dropping off and with the season fast approaching new signings gossip surely must be getting to fever pitch.

Hearing around the traps that Sydney Hills Eagles are pretty active in the player market with the lure of NEAFL footy.

Taking some handy players from Balmain, Wests and C'town.

We are pushing hard for Fev's scribble out here......worth a crack. He'd love Jupiters. (Yes, Richmond has a nightclub, owned by the little known Ibrahim brother, Wesley)

One or two clearances for Blacktown.

Is great to see all blacktowns players coming from everywhere.good work

Warming the Bench
    Hopefully they have a few players who aren't AFL employees too.

Mac Uni seem to have lost a few judging by the clearances.

What's the word on trials for the various clubs? I see Penriff are taking on Queanbeyan Tigers reserves on their deck, that's a big step but good luck to them. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    Hopefully they have a few players who aren't AFL employees too.

Mac Uni seem to have lost a few judging by the clearances.
    Guess it was inevtiable that Connors would drag a few there.

Their coaching appointment seems a sound one.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Guess it was inevtiable that Connors would drag a few there.

Their coaching appointment seems a sound one.
    Intersting that you say appointment I would call it a position like the others. Sorry but you have people who are employed full time to develop the game in the western syd area and yes it seems that it's great to see a new club evolve but shame that nonetheless they are still following the same mindless path of rigging auskick figures n patting themselves on the back and completely ignoring feedback from Those at the coal face. Hey he's an idea let's spend xmillions on govt grants on a junior ground and split yet again a successfully club in a struggling western suburbs growth area despite the protests from all junior clubs in the vicinity. No better idea lets have gala days where we get to count big numbers at a big park who won't ever identify nor probably join a local club cause hey big numbers mean a pat on the back. Mind you I should be too critical cause if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Intersting that you say appointment I would call it a position like the others. Sorry but you have people who are employed full time to develop the game in the western syd area and yes it seems that it's great to see a new club evolve but shame that nonetheless they are still following the same mindless path of rigging auskick figures n patting themselves on the back and completely ignoring feedback from Those at the coal face. Hey he's an idea let's spend xmillions on govt grants on a junior ground and split yet again a successfully club in a struggling western suburbs growth area despite the protests from all junior clubs in the vicinity. No better idea lets have gala days where we get to count big numbers at a big park who won't ever identify nor probably join a local club cause hey big numbers mean a pat on the back. Mind you I should be too critical cause if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
    I was actually referring to the Kookas appointing Damian Phillips, seems like a well credentialled bloke with a varied career in football.

If the Blacktown club doesn't have genuine grassroots community support then it will die a natural death, simple as that. Geographically if you look at the map of Sydney and the territory from Parramatta to Penrith, you'd have to think Blacktown/Rooty Hill is crying out for a team at some stage. I'm not acquaianted enough with the junior clubs etc in that area to say if now is too early.

Do they haver a natural pathway from a local junior club or clubs?

Senior Player
    Fair point but on re reading you weren't clear. That said still stand by my rant but yeah looks like a good appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I was actually referring to the Kookas appointing Damian Phillips, seems like a well credentialled bloke with a varied career in football.

If the Blacktown club doesn't have genuine grassroots community support then it will die a natural death, simple as that. Geographically if you look at the map of Sydney and the territory from Parramatta to Penrith, you'd have to think Blacktown/Rooty Hill is crying out for a team at some stage. I'm not acquaianted enough with the junior clubs etc in that area to say if now is too early.

Do they haver a natural pathway from a local junior club or clubs?
    They would've had a natural pathway 5 years ago, but the Sydney AFL wouldn't allow a junior club (in this case Quakers Hill) to start an U18s team. The Bombers had 18-20 players fresh out of U16s ready to go, in the end 4 or 5 progressed to senior clubs and the rest moved on.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast