Thread: NAB Cup Round 1: Swans v Saints v Cats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just a word of warning on Cunningham. I loved what he did last night, but it was just a preseason game. If you remember back to last year Brian Sumner had a really good game in the corresponding game and he is going to play in the SANFL this year. Jett's was good also in the preseason last year and the left it there.
    Judgments on wether a player can win a brownlow are often best made after the serious stuff starts.
    Having said that I can't wait to see Bolton Parker and Kennedy this year

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Forward View Post
    Just a word of warning on Cunningham. I loved what he did last night, but it was just a preseason game. If you remember back to last year Brian Sumner had a really good game in the corresponding game and he is going to play in the SANFL this year. Jett's was good also in the preseason last year and the left it there.
    Judgments on wether a player can win a brownlow are often best made after the serious stuff starts.
    I have no doubt in my mind that sumner would have played a great season last year for us, if he didnt have personal issues and have to leave. Sumner had a bucketload of talent and i for one was sad to see him go.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Kirk View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that sumner would have played a great season last year for us, if he didnt have personal issues and have to leave. Sumner had a bucketload of talent and i for one was sad to see him go.
    I'm not so sure, I always watch the reserves games and his performances didn't really excite me, and in his 1game for the seniors he looked lost. It's pure speculation but perhaps Jetta may do better this season without a distracted nephew around?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Forward View Post
    It's a pretty good inside midfield, very tough with the right mix of youth and experience. I personally think Parker will go on to be a great inside midfielder, drifiting forward to kick the odd goal while resting, and I'm not thinking about last nights game, I'm going on what he did last year. It's good we have some good kids coming up and the midfield stocks look good, we might have to start looking for defenders over the next couple years, just as a precaution. Not that Ted, and Marty are old now, but in 2 years or so......... I thought it was a very credible hit out for the boys in poor footy conditions with the heat and the ridiculous nature of the interchange and sub rules and the basic format of the competition, the side with the break in game time is always going to win the last game
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh