Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Round 4 - Swans v Suns

Regular in the Side
    I come from the southern suburbs of Sydney. As the crow flies, the Rooty Hill venue is a fair way away. However, in using the freeways in the south-western metropolitan area of Sydney, it's not a bad drive to get there, very little stress. It is MUCH better than spending over half an hour travelling less than 2Ks in the Moore Park presinct in car park like traffic to get to the SCG. That reminds me of those complainers who hate travelling to Homebush. At least the traffic gettiing there is not NEARLY as bad as travelling to the SCG by car. And Homebush to the public transporters is right next to a railway station, unlike the SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    I come from the southern suburbs of Sydney. As the crow flies, the Rooty Hill venue is a fair way away. However, in using the freeways in the south-western metropolitan area of Sydney, it's not a bad drive to get there, very little stress. It is MUCH better than spending over half an hour travelling less than 2Ks in the Moore Park presinct in car park like traffic to get to the SCG. That reminds me of those complainers who hate travelling to Homebush. At least the traffic gettiing there is not NEARLY as bad as travelling to the SCG by car. And Homebush to the public transporters is right next to a railway station, unlike the SCG.
    I don't mind going to Homebush to games it is quite easy and the station is close to the ground. But your point about the ease of getting to Doonside/Mt Druitt is floored because you are driving. I am just saying I would have preferred to have the game played closer to my home and in our zone. The Westies are quite happy it is out there as it is easy for them to get to. It will take me an hour and a half by public transport and I don't know how to get to the ground from Doonside Station or how long it will take. We are playing in the Enemies zone where we should be playing in our zone and giving school kids free tickets to try to get more junior comps going in our area.

Would have loved it....only 15min drive away.

However, playing in cricket semi finals on Saturday.
    Swannies for life!

I might go out and watch the practice game down here between GWS and Richmond... sure to be four men and a dog at the game. And to think just how much money the ACT Government is wasting by giving it to the AFL and GWS for 4 games a year... 3 home premiership games against the crappiest teams they can find and a practice game

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    It is if you don't drive. By the way Doonside is not Blacktown but I was referring to the Name of the venue. Doonside is closer to bloody Mt Druitt as I pointed out if you had have read correctly. If you drive it is ok but I don't drive so hence it is a long way by public transport. Why is it a slap in the face do you take these area things that personally? I made the comment based on my location and ease of getting to the ground. SCG, Drummoyne, North Sydney are all easier to get to for me. I was commenting from my standpoint epistemology.
    Slap in the face was just kidding around, I didn't mean for it to be offensive and I'm sorry if you took it that way.

I know what it's like not to drive and can appreciate it can be a bit of a headache at times, but Lilyfield -> BOP just made me smile because it didn't seem that far to travel for a Saturday afternoon game (even by PT).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Slap in the face was just kidding around, I didn't mean for it to be offensive and I'm sorry if you took it that way.

I know what it's like not to drive and can appreciate it can be a bit of a headache at times, but Lilyfield -> BOP just made me smile because it didn't seem that far to travel for a Saturday afternoon game (even by PT).
    It is an hour and a half and I wasn't upset I thought you Westies were getting upset LOL. My time these days is very valuable so I try not to go to places that are going to take me a long time to get there. I am back at Uni and it is getting the the crunch end of my degree 2nd & third years this year. Half way through second and start third in Semester Two. Just a bummer for me but I will catch up on my reading on the train and bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Does anyone know why the North Sydney fixture was abandoned?
    ground not upto AFL standard. They games there were 15 side with lots of interchange and a tree hanging over the boundary line.

i will be at the game next week. Easy drive from the Hills on the M7.

Warming the Bench
    coming up from the sth highlands,rooty hill easier than scg.two questions i need help with?
    do we need to be early because of ground size"? and where do i get off the m7? please somebody.never been there before
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    coming up from the sth highlands,rooty hill easier than scg.two questions i need help with?
    do we need to be early because of ground size"? and where do i get off the m7? please somebody.never been there before
    Approaching from the south, the quickest way to get to Homebush from the M7 is to turn right onto the M4 Motorway at Eastern Creek. It should be smooth sailing from there to the Olympic Park precinct; it's about 20km away.

When you get within the vicinity of Olympic Park, there are roads signs directing you to the parking stations. Have you booked parking through Ticketek? Parking in P1 is usually $20-25.

If you park in P1, arriving a couple of hours before the game should net you a handy parking space.

Warming the Bench
    Cheer Squad THE GAME is BLACKTOWN not HOMEBUSH

Warming the Bench
    Coming from the south take M7 then turn off at the Wallgrove exit ,Turn into wallgrove Rd head Nth and cross the Gt Western Highway into Rooty Hill Rd south continue about 1 KL turn right into Eastern Rd & BOP is about 800m on the left

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast