Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It's been a couple of years since he was called that. Can't believe mistakes like this can be made.
    I heard him called Leroy by a TV commentator just a few weeks ago.

So far it's never happened with Adam and his brother - yet.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    These people need a taste of what QI provides: darkness, klaxon sounds and the offending word flashes on the screen.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    These people need a taste of what QI provides: darkness, klaxon sounds and the offending word flashes on the screen.
    And Stephen Fry looking at them as if they are a wondrous albeit stupid new creature
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I heard him called Leroy by a TV commentator just a few weeks ago.

So far it's never happened with Adam and his brother - yet.
    Or Joel & Kurt or Rhyce & Heath or Sam & Ben

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Or Joel & Kurt or Rhyce & Heath or Sam & Ben
    Rhyce often gets called Heaf, and I've also heard Sam referred to as Ben. (And Jarrad as Mark. On many occasions. Including when Mark has been sitting in the commentary box next to the culprit.)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Rhyce often gets called Heaf, and I've also heard Sam referred to as Ben. (And Jarrad as Mark. On many occasions. Including when Mark has been sitting in the commentary box next to the culprit.)
    Yep. Brain and mouth don't engage at the same time. Game is moving too quickly.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    http://trib.al/0h3igzO

Derm has no idea...absolutely sick of his Sydney bashing. It's really tiresome

Regular in the Side
    I agree with Dermie on this one. Mummy was the player we most needed against Hawthorn last year. We have a heap of fringe players we could have traded out then to make salary space and we would not have needed Derickx. I know we let a few go but there were more and I would have been happy if our list was a couple short if we could have retained Mumford.

Lazy article, typical Derm garbage.

He goes to great lengths to make sure everybody realises the monumental stuff-up by Hawthorn to let Josh Kennedy go was offset by getting Burgoyne, yet makes no mention of letting Mumford go was the direct result of getting Buddy.

It's almost got to the stage that I turn to another channel when Derm is hosting on Fox as I have done for many years when Eddie's head pops up. It's seriously not worth the blood pressure rise...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

"The player is exactly what the Swans needed all last year and even with just four rounds into this season, exactly what they need if they are to win their way through to a grand final again."

Um... we were minor premiers last year and had a club-best winning streak.

Footy is a team game. The team lost. Mummy wouldn't have changed a thing. We could have put Gary Ablett Jr and Nat Fyfe in our midfield and still lost because the other 20 players didn't do their job.

As much as I miss Mummy sometimes, the guy is injury prone and I remember some terrible patches of form where his work rate and effort stank. With Tippett in the ruck, Pyke holding his own and Naismith developing well it's not my main area of concern (that would be our KPD stocks).

Veteran Site Admin
    Yep. Mummy was the closest thing we had to a passenger in the 2012 grand final. Not entirely his fault given he was clearly not fit. And it's hard to begrudge a player desperately wanting their chance to play in a GF (and win a premiership) when they've made a great contribution to getting the team there. The fact we won despite him playing makes it easier to accept. But it was Pyke who stood up that day and helped the team hold its own in the ruck.

When fit, Mumford is a great asset. But like most ruckmen he is injury prone. It's probably not surprising ruckmen are so injury prone, given what their large frames are expected to do athletically. Unless you stumble across a ruckman who is more durable than most, I don't think it is a position it makes sense to tie a huge amount of salary cap in, not if you're good enough to compensate elsewhere and can make do with a couple of workhorses. Truly great key forwards, on the other hand, are as rare as hens teeth, and we're fortunate enough to have landed the best going around. He's a freak. I am very confident that if you took Buddy out of the team and inserted Mumford, our chances of reaching a grand final would diminish considerably.

Dermot seemed to take the Hawks losing the 2012 GF particularly badly. The fact they've won the next two doesn't seem to have lessened the pain. Prior to that game he seemed to almost have a bit of a soft spot for the Swans - he did spend a few games up here, after all. Now he just seems bitter, and it doesn't help that he and Ed spend time together on Fox, frothing each other up.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    He hates us and barely even attempts to veil it anymore...I'll always respect him because of how undoubedtly tough/courageous he was on field but it's getting more and more difficult.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon