Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Another thread about the Melbourne media having NFI about Sydney Footy...

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It's all falling into place for the Swans

If it was Teddy I'd be a little more forgiving.
    ...or someone actually in the 22.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by swanwolf View Post
    WE ARE THE BLOODS. HE HAS BEEN ASSIMILATED.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Long Term Injury List
    I nearly choked on my cuppa at 6am this morning. Today's Age has a review of club injuries and The Swans write up begins 'Leroy Jetta suffered a minor setback last week.......' Doesn't look like the coverage is going to be any better this year with a start like that!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I nearly choked on my cuppa at 6am this morning. Today's Age has a review of club injuries and The Swans write up begins 'Leroy Jetta suffered a minor setback last week.......' Doesn't look like the coverage is going to be any better this year with a start like that!
    I don't recall us recruiting Leroy but the Buddy thing did tend to dominate the off season news!

I actually think the Melbourne media treats us quite favourably but I was bemused about an article in today's Melbourne Herald Sun. It was about Mike Pyke becoming an Australian citizen and included a lovely colour pic of Pykey with Aussie accessories given to him by Ted Richards. For some strange reason, a separate picture of Buddy Franklin accompanied the article. The article wasn't about Buddy and he wasn't even mentioned in it! It seems that we are now the Buddy Swans!

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Not sure if anyone's already mentioned it but I saw a Swans 2014 calendar the other week and mr July was the big Mummy!
    Looks like no one has a clue.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by janem View Post
    Not sure if anyone's already mentioned it but I saw a Swans 2014 calendar the other week and mr July was the big Mummy!
    Looks like no one has a clue.
    To be fair, they almost certainly start preparing / printing these midway through the year. Buddy will almost certainly be featured in the Hawks' calendar.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    To be fair, they almost certainly start preparing / printing these midway through the year. Buddy will almost certainly be featured in the Hawks' calendar.
    That early? Oh ok. Guess I'm clueless about calendar printing.
    I guess they would have no idea or indeed care about rumours and goings on in football anyway. Pity. Even though I am a fan of Mummy I didn't buy the calendar because of it.
    Anyway... just an observation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janem View Post
    That early? Oh ok. Guess I'm clueless about calendar printing.
    I guess they would have no idea or indeed care about rumours and goings on in football anyway. Pity. Even though I am a fan of Mummy I didn't buy the calendar because of it.
    Anyway... just an observation.
    Just skip July and go straight to August.
    Closer to September.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Here we go again. This time it's Michael Gleeson from The Age. I thought a Fairfax publication would do a bit better.

That leaves Sydney with the best of all - Sam Reid, Adam Goodes and, of course, Tippett and Franklin.
    The resentment to the Swans and their cost of living allowance by rival cubs was that this allowance not only added life, it added power forwards. The Swans were able to buy Tippett and Franklin at a time when other clubs were scratching about to find one forward.

Read more: Power forwards in great demand

Don't these people keep up with the rest of the media?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Here we go again. This time it's Michael Gleeson from The Age. I thought a Fairfax publication would do a bit better.

Read more: Power forwards in great demand

Don't these people keep up with the rest of the media?
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story Di, especially with Fairfax. They're not much better than the ABC when it comes to bias.

An article in the Age about Jake Lloyd's nomination for Rising Star has (I am pretty sure) a picture of Shane Biggs.
    Media regarding the Swans doesn't get any better.

Hardly a mention about Buddy's 9 goals, but his car accident was front page news.

Pushing for Selection
    The Age has had some good articles this year about us in all fairness. LRT had a great one. Rohan Connely has probably done 3-4. 2012/13 there were hardly any and I was critical. Lloyd Biggs pic is unacceptable though. Pretty poor effort
    Using Tapatalk