Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: GWS v Sydney Swans Game Day Thread

GWS v Sydney Swans Game Day Thread

Well a beautiful morning has dawned in Sydney and I don't know about the rest of you but I'm pumped up for this contest. Footy is indeed back.

It was great to see that the game is on the Front page of the Telegraph and the Herald and despite a local derby NRL game last night is the lead story in the Herald sports section. It gladdens the heart to see so much publicity for the game we all love.

Bring it on.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Happy and I know it
    I'm counting down the hours until we set out for ANZ. Thrilled that we might win a game there and so early in the season.

And I've got my new phone all charged up for updates!

I've done a rekkie. Its typical Autumn weather, bright sky, very cool breeze. Just as well I washed out my Swans hoodie. arewethereyet?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

It is indeed a beautiful day in Sydney - absolutely perfect weather for football.

This wil help casual ticket sales tonight, and ensure there's a very healthy crowd.

Does anyone know what the latest official ticket sales are?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    It is indeed a beautiful day in Sydney - absolutely perfect weather for football.

This wil help casual ticket sales tonight, and ensure there's a very healthy crowd.

Does anyone know what the latest official ticket sales are?
    I read yesterday that 39,000 tickets had been pre sold. Looking good for 45,000! Go Swans!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    I read yesterday that 39,000 tickets had been pre sold. Looking good for 45,000! Go Swans!
    That's great news. Hopefully when the inevitable thrashing occurrs the people sampling our game for the first time will want to come back.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I've done a rekkie. Its typical Autumn weather, bright sky, very cool breeze. Just as well I washed out my Swans hoodie. arewethereyet?
    I have my usual footy day attire ready. The regulars will know what that entails. I do have the Ultimate Member scarf to keep me warm just in case people worry I'll freeze to death.

Woke up to stunning weather and I just knew fro then it's going to be a good day. Hope we get a nice big crowd and that the players inflict a therapeutic belting. Go Swans.

An announcement to one and all.

Big Al wears shorts year round.....its a worrying sight when you are rugged up in your possum fur jumper, which is over a thin red wool jumper, which is overlaid with a recycled peta bottle lined windproof zip up and hooded jacket, wooly hat, gloves, don't forget the scarf, thermal undies, trousers, possum fur socks, thick boots, and you are still shivering.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I realise this is probably gong to be a cakewalk, but today is about the celebration of the occasion. That's why I'd love to see lots of chanting and even breaking out the much loved 'Sydddd-neeeyyy'. Give the boys lots of love today for the season ahead and let everyone know who Sydney's number one team is.

Off to the game now.

I'm worried about tonight though. Big Al's leg's getting cold. I think they said it was going to be about 14 degrees.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to it, and I'd like to add that I too am concerned about Al's legs.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast