Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slipping under the Radar - Again.

Slipping under the Radar - Again.

Do you think with the Olympic Games taking up so much tabloid and tv time, that the Swans will once again slip under the radar? You know, kind of win games without anyone noticing. Again.

Discuss.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

We've been top of the ladder for 3 weeks, it's round 18 and we're 1 game clear of the rest. I wonder?

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Today's herald sun had a paragraph literally taking up only 5cm at the top of one of the last sports pages on the swans game last night. I understand how both teams are interstate and so they are not going to get the big triple page write up, but there was barely a review of the game at all - it was mostly about keiran jack winning the 'battle' of ablett (although I was just watching the channel 9 footy show and they gave gary the points) and sam reid and goodes' injuries - which they said goodes had torn his hamstring.
    However on the previous page there was a whole spread article on a game between two vfl teams, who are not even reserve teams of any afl side. So I think it's pretty fair to say we are less under the radar and more just plainly ignored. The consensus from melbourne media is that we will make the finals but be no threat, so basically we don't warrant the ink or air time now.

So based on that, yes I agree with you, we will win more games and stay at the top yet no one will think that matters.

We are 2nd favourite for the flag, don't think anyone is writing us off!

Senior Player
    I don't think the consensus is that we'll be no threat, it's just that literally nothing new was learned last night.

Why worry what the pro Victorian think and report. I am quite comfortable in being under the radar as it makes winning more palatable. I just hope that the injuries to Reid and Goodes are not serious.

Goes up to 11
    I hate the term 'under the radar' - anyway we are certainly slap bang in the middle of the radar so why worry if some 'experts' are too dumb to notice???

When the Heraldsun headline has us defeating GWS last night, I don't think the radar has been turned on.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    When the Heraldsun headline has us defeating GWS last night, I don't think the radar has been turned on.
    I just had a look at that.

Melbourne hacks who gives a good god damn, I look forward to seeing what Roosy thinks if they allow him to talk about Sydney
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Melbourne hacks who gives a good god damn, I look forward to seeing what Roosy thinks if they allow him to talk about Sydney
    On SEN last week there were numerous calls in and even one 'expert' who I can't remember's name, who want Roos banned from calling swans games because he is allegedly so biased.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    Today's herald sun had a paragraph literally taking up only 5cm at the top of one of the last sports pages on the swans game last night.
    This is the Murdoch press we're talking about here: an organisation that is well-known for having lax journalistic standards, being openly biased politically, and being unafraid to break the law and trample all over the privacy of individuals to get a story to sell. I'm not surprised at the pandering to the Melbourne market, but their market research is lacking if they think that 5 column centimetres for an article on the Swans-Suns game is sufficient.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast