12 23.08%
  • Dockers - between 20 and 39 points

3 5.77%
  • Dockers - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 - Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Freo are a 10% better side at Pattersons. But they still looked sharper than us. Probably about 20 to 30% sharper. We looked as though we were going through the motions. Something seems wrong at the moment with motivation. They are doing the moves but there seems a lack of enthusiasm, has anyone else noticed. It was obvious last week in the last 10 minutes of the third and in the last and it seemed to rub off on the crowd. I started to lose interest about 10 minutes into the last and I always barrack hard to the last second.
    Sorry Wolfie but you can't be serious with this comment?
    This season has for us, so far consisted of four games of Knob cup and one game against a team of babies that we would have won if all our boys had played with one arm tied behind their backs.
    I think that this week there is actually something to get motivated for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Sorry Wolfie but you can't be serious with this comment?
    This season has for us, so far consisted of four games of Knob cup and one game against a team of babies that we would have won if all our boys had played with one arm tied behind their backs.
    I think that this week there is actually something to get motivated for.
    Yep. Jewels is right. The season starts for us this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Yep. Jewels is right. The season starts for us this Saturday.
    True but I am hoping the low key start doesn't effect our performance. I liked it when we really used to put sides away when they were low key games.

On the Rookie List
    I'm nervous about Freo this year. When fully fit, their team is full of match winners. When you have Barlow run on as sub and gain 8 possessions in about 5 minutes, imagine what he can do if he's on the park all afternoon. It's going to have to be one of those games where we lift to win - big time. Gotta make the SCG a fortress again. Last year was horrible
    follow me on twitter harbourviewsafl

Bloody Fweo.
    It's going to be close; and I bet with my heart.
    Swannies ... just.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Freo are a different team away and Swans season starts this weekend.

Swans by 12.

Regular in the Side
    Curiously this week's "Inside Football" sees 10 of the 11 tipsters go for the Swans.

Agree with everyone who said it feels like the season is just starting. Our round 1 game was like the curtainraiser on grand final day.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Curiously this week's "Inside Football" sees 10 of the 11 tipsters go for the Swans.
    Why curiously? If we are to go top 4 this year then we should be favourites to beat teams like Fremantle who have their eye on top 4 as well. Last year we played against a Freo side that had 23 men (Razor Ray the extra man) and lost .This year with a more balanced side and playing against 22 we should win .Of course we have to play well but thats the same story every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Why curiously?
    I think Top40 has a good point.

10 from 11 'experts' would suggest we are just about over the line, but we are anything but. While I expect us to win, I think 'curiously' sums it up pretty well.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Why curiously? If we are to go top 4 this year then we should be favourites to beat teams like Fremantle who have their eye on top 4 as well. Last year we played against a Freo side that had 23 men (Razor Ray the extra man) and lost .This year with a more balanced side and playing against 22 we should win .Of course we have to play well but thats the same story every week.
    Agree, this is the type of game we need to win to be in top 4 contention IMO, not in a ladder sense at the moment because it is so early in the season, but just to see if we can take that next step.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Agree, this is the type of game we need to win to be in top 4 contention IMO, not in a ladder sense at the moment because it is so early in the season, but just to see if we can take that next step.
    I would add to this also that we need to make the SCG fearfull for other clubs again and a win on saturday (particularly a good win) will go a fair way in acheiving that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast