Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodesy - One Week

Goodesy - One Week

Send in the QCs!!
    Get it quashed.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I think that the club should appeal it. It clearly wasnt deliberate, Goodes was clearly going for the ball but got there a fraction too late. It could have just as easily been the other player going into Goodes.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Gerard Whately and Robbo can go and shove their show up their arse. If you think that's worth a suspension then you're bigger pussies than the MRP. NRL fans are laughing at you idiots.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Robbing a legend of breaking a record at his home ground because of some nothing incident that should have been a free kick and nothing more. We'll challenge and we'll win, I'm confident of that.

robbo and gerard whately are absolute @@@@@@@wits. imagine if that was robbo's love child judd, or murphy, or buddy franklin no way would he get suspended. god i hate it

Trial by media. Blown out of proportion completely. Whilst it didnt look good, it was nothing compared to Franklin's trip.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Gerard Whately and Robbo can go and shove their show up their arse. If you think that's worth a suspension then you're bigger pussies than the MRP. NRL fans are laughing at you idiots.
    Many NRL fans wouldn't even know he's been suspended.... They are busy being up in arms about similar issues in the NRL and shoulder charges....

I love Goodsey but I thought he is silly to tackle like that and deserves a week for stupidity.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Cameron Mooney wrote a great article in the Geelong Advertiser today about the need for rules to protect players from injuries but not to be so harsh on players for when they do something 'wrong'. There has to be room for errors in the game, especially in instances where nobody gets injured. This decision makes me so angry, what is wrong with just giving a free kick, letting Goodes know he can't do that and just get on with the game?! Besides they both slid in with their knees, it just happened that goodes came after the other guy. I mean it is a contact sport for Christ sakes, and based on what they've done here, I really fear where the game is headed.

And apparently he has accepted the ban.

Senior Player
    What makes me mad is that the media judge and jury keep saying he had to be charged because he has a history of it. First of all the history translates to one incident in the NAB Cup and secondly I thought that the player did not get reported and or charged based on history, but reported/charged based on the incident and the penalty was then based on the history. It is a media beat up for sure.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    I love Goodsey but I thought he is silly to tackle like that and deserves a week for stupidity.
    Yes is was silly, but why can't a free kick be given and him told how stupid he is?!

Also agree completely with annew; reports should be given based PURELY on the incident and NOT on past issues.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Robbing a legend of breaking a record at his home ground because of some nothing incident
    No player was hurt and if Buddies delibrate trip got nothing surely this should have got nothing too. Disgusting i can understand the head high contact rules, no-one was hurt from the incident its a free kick and no other consequences. Infact buddies trip was not even looked at by the MRP.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast