Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodesy - One Week

Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    And apparently he has accepted the ban.
    Why would he do that with no risk of extra weeks?

Agree he deserves a week for stupidity - this is becoming like the glancing bumps he was getting cited for a couple of years ago. Meaningless, lazy contact that he keeps repeating and won't learn from. He got a reprimand in the NAB Cup and then goes and does it again.

It's just incredibly frustrating that for the bruise-free player he is, he gets multiple suspensions (including those he was able to turn into reprimands) for incidents that barely inconvenience the victim. And worse he adds to his poor record which will really hurt if he clumsily does something similar again.

I'd be staggered if we appealed, I can't see on what basis - which of the following would we be disputing: negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point)?

Yeah surely there is enough questions in this to raise a logical argument to get Goodes off. Know one was Hurt, both players slid in, since when do we suspend based on what may have happened etc etc. A reprimand at best really. Challenge !!

Adam Goodes, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a level one engaging in rough conduct offence against Jacob Surjan, Port Adelaide, during the second quarter of the round three match between the Sydney Swans and Port Adelaide, played at AAMI Stadium on Saturday April 14, 2012.

In summary, due to his previous poor record, his one-match sanction must remain at one game, even with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from Port Adelaide, the incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of three activation points, resulting in a classification of a level one offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of one match suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 10 per cent to 137.50 points. He also has 43.25 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 180.75 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent 135.56 points and a one-match sanction.
    Match Review Panel Report: Round 3

bugger.

I'm briefing the QC now.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Please don't challenge if it means he may get rubbed out for 2 games. We want to see him in Launceston!

What I can't understand is that the other guy slid in too. Why isn't he cited as well? Definitely discrimination v. Adam.

I guess it is a preservation tactic on Adam's part, the alternative being to go in shoulder first. But it's a tactic he is going to have to forgo one would think.

Veterans List
    I haven't seen the incident, did Goodes slide in much later than the other guy? How much time between the two players starting their slides? Did Goodes go in boots first or just with legs?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I haven't seen the incident, did Goodes slide in much later than the other guy? How much time between the two players starting their slides? Did Goodes go in boots first or just with legs?
    He went in a mega-second after the other bloke; and went in sliding on his knees.
    He also managed to get recover and take control of the ball; so he didn't hit him "that" hard.
    They're just talking about it on 360 now. 360 are calling him a "crude" footballer.
    Gobsmackingly disrespectful.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

What did goodsey get suspended for in the NAB cup? dont pay attention to it so it has escaped me. was it do with knees?

Pretty much the same thing WHTG.
    he's such a big bloke - I imagine there aren't many ways to stop a locomotive.
    Knees make such good brakes.

It was an accident, your Honour.

Yeah so he was suspended for it already.

It still sucks and could be a major factor in beating those unbearable victims the friggen unwanted 'roos!

Goodes 2.jpgGoodes 3.jpgGoodes 4.jpgGoodes 5.jpg

Unfortunately Goodes led with his knees when Surjan had got to the footy earlier. Was never going to win the footy, and just like the NAB Cup one, IMO is just a lazy avoidance of actually making a tackle. Could have easily kept his feet, let Surjan slide into the footy and wrap him up aiming for HTB.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's the vibe, your Honour.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast