Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shattered for Gary

Senior Player
    Absolute horror injury. I'm sure he'll get the very best surgery and care, then let's hope those young bones heal fast. All the best to the young bloke.

Blog Entries
    I'm not surprised this happened, he's been kamikazeing around the field this year.
    Although this was a very innocuous attack.

Wonder in the Norf player will come under scrutiny for sliding in feet first???

Mend well, and quickly Ranga!!
    We miss you already.

Goes up to 11
    I have always had the tendency to compare Gazza to a young Brendan Goddard - well he broke his leg quite badly early on in his career, and he's ended up ok.... I look forward to Gazza getting back out there and lighting it up in 2013...

It happened right in front of me. You could hear the bone crack. I know I was feeling a little nauseous as well as feeling just awful for Gaz. Such a shocking injury and he still found time to give a thumbs up to the crowd as they lifted the stretcher up. Here's hoping the rehab is as straightforward as these things can be and that we see him back out there next year.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Long Term Injury List
    Interesting reporting of the incident in the various press releases. The Age "North's Lindsay Thomas slid into the ball and hit Rohan's ankle". AFL.com "falling awkwardly in a tackle" I know which one of those I saw in close up on the TV and it wasn't a tackle.
    I could rant on about it being worse than Goodes' reportable slide but I would be wasting my breath/typing. If the AFL writer saw it as a 'tackle' then no doubt that's how the AFL will view it.

Our family have already posted off a snail mail card to Gary and hope he receives a strong message of the love & support the club and supporters wish him.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I'm not surprised this happened, he's been kamikazeing around the field this year.
    Although this was a very innocuous attack.
    I agree, some players just instinctively know how to avoid nasty situations, with their body positioning etc...Gas isn't one of them.
    He's just one of those players who just flies into a contest.
    Ironically this was one of the more innocuous contests.
    Though I agree with others, for consistencies sake, Thomas should be charged...Even though there was no malice, it was reckless.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Hope the MRP have their red pens out tonight.

Poor little Ranga ... I hope you read this.
    I'm crying for ya little buddy.
    With your passion and guts; I know you'll come back bigger and better.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Get well and get back on the paddock, ASAP! When your ready.

Rod_

Senior Player
    Shocking. Our House was dead silent for a full minute. He's tough as nails, and when he didn't try to get up within a few seconds I knew he was cooked.

Take your time Gaz, do everything you are told and don't rush. Too young to take risks and such a future in front of you.

Best of luck buddy, everyone is behind you. Look at Barlow and co for inspiration.

Restup!

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Best of luck buddy, everyone is behind you. Look at Barlow and co for inspiration.

Restup!
    In case your reading this Gary, I think m.m is talking Michael, not Ed....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Yup!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    It does make one question how seriously the AFL takes the duty of care issue though. It was clearly a careless act (just like Goodes') and should also be looked at, if the AFL was fair dinkum about this duty of care nonsense. The elimination of malicious acts from the game is a triumph, the afl should have stopped there. I think the AFL has gone way too far, the match review panel is going to open itself up to reductio ad absurdum.

And No, I don't think you should waste your breath either baskin, the AFL writer will no doubt have been following the party line.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast