Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 vs hawthorn gameday thread

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    much improved quarter.

We will win this
    I'm with you, we'll get it together and run them over. (reaches for the valium)
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Veteran Site Admin
    I just reckon we're being outplayed by a better team - and a very good team, at that - at the moment. Just have to hope that our boys can hold their nerve and try to elevate closer to the level of the Hawks. No disgrace if we lose but hopefully we can at least push them all the way.

Hanners is my pick of the bunch at the moment for his sheer work-rate. He's got himself into a little trouble at times but isn't going to die wondering. Kennedy hasn't had as much of the ball as he's been used to, but what he has had has been quality. ROK and Macca also making reasonable contributions.

Hawthorn are a quality team and it's good to see how we match up against them.

We really need Sam Reid to stand up as a full forward, it's one thing we're really missing. This team has played some good footy so far this year, so I'm not giving up on the game yet..I'd like to think we'll learn a lot from this experience, whether we win or lose...and then come back and really give them a shellacking next time we meet.

Senior Player
    Really missing Mumford's size and presence in the ruck. They've controlled Parker and several of Joey's possessions have been in open play. Hannebery improved a lot as the second quarter went on - he had to. Jack hasn't looked sharp.

Reid's best period last year came when Spangher was forward with him - can't wait until he is back. Better second quarter from Everitt, but he lacks Spangher's size and mobility.

Teddy had an off half, which is unusual - don't think he'll have two.

As it stands...BIG, BIG gulf in class.

But then again we are playing terribly so all hope can't be lost. perhaps if we stopped the stupid errors, and picked up a rolling ball from time to time...and actually marked players who were looking to receive the footy....OK no, not gonna happen.

Hawthorn and Carlton are our biggest nemesis right now because they have a brilliant ability to get the ball to a man in the clear. 90% of our clearances are a quick slam on the boot. I reckon Hawks are at 10%. There's ALWAYS a spare Hawk handy if you are in trouble and wearing stripes. ALWAYS a get out player. All our are always sucked right into the scrap. Worse our rucks are hitting the ball either 1 foot away or to where 3 hawks are roaming the pack. Surely there must be some Swans around.

Hawks ability to run uncontested through the centre of the ground is destroying us like Carlton 2011.....and more worrying, Port, Freo and North did it a lot.....just not enough to win them the game.

How can Savage and/or Guerra be in the centre square receiving 20 metres in the clear when the stoppage is on the wing?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Have to pay dues to the Hawks so far, they are playing well. Need to get some continuity to possession and fight hard.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Blog Entries
    Malceski subbed off?

Senior Player
    Nice kick , Goodesy !

Good start to the third. Dare I raise my hopes?

Senior Player
    Even better kick , Goodesy !!

Some great passages of play from us here...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphy View Post
    Good start to the third. Dare I raise my hopes?
    Yeah , go on !

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast