Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd6 v Crows

Jimmy holds grudges!

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Still cannot believe LRT is getting a gig ahead of White. He is just ineffective, tries hard but need more than that
    I cannot believe anyone on earth thinks LRT ineffective and I certainly can't believe anyone thinks White a better option.
    A passable replacement perhaps, but better option??????

On the Rookie List
    Maybe Malceski's knee is going to keep him out. I went to the Port Adelaide game and Jesse played the best game I have seen him play (live). Be careful not to be fooled by how ungainly and uncoordinated the big Hyphen appears, he is a premiership player and has 150 games beside his name. The Crows have a bloke called Tippet who is 17 foot 600 and if Ted can't do the job, we will go to the Hyphen. Jesse is not a defender by any stretch of the imagination and needs to concentrate on being a better forward when not in the ruck, which he did look better at during the Port Adelaide game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    B M.Mattner, T.Richards, A.Johnson
    HB N.Malceski, H.Grundy, R.Shaw
    C K.Jack, A.Goodes, L.Jetta
    HF R.O'Keefe, S.Reid, J.Bolton
    F J.McVeigh, A.Everitt, B.McGlynn
    Foll M.Seaby, J.Kennedy, L.Parker
    I/C C.Bird, D.Hannebery, L.Roberts-Thomson, N.Smith
    Emg T.Armstrong, T.Dennis-Lane, J.White

Look like Smithy for sub?
    Looks obvious. Armstrong for Mal if he doesn't come up and White for LRT if he doesn't come up. TDL is just a decoy selection. It was his turn to be named emergency. We are a tough and hard team. Why bring a soft player into that squad unless you had a bad run of injuries. As for being a more balanced team with TDL in....perplexing theory.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I find it hard warming up to LRT as the second ruck. He has won 12 hit outs in 3 games. Compared to Whites 19 in 2. I see LRT as a defender and that's where he belongs. He looks out of place as our 2nd ruck/forward. This is White's or Pyke's (when fit) role.
    Agree here. I don't like him in the ruck either and I thought Jesse was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    We'll know early if there will be a late change which wouldn't surprise. Given Jesse has missed a fair bit of footy as a fresh reserve, he must play in the ressies this week. If he doesn't run out at BOP, he'll be running out at the SCG.
    Agree he can't be a non playing emergency again. I would rather him in than LRT at this stage. Simply that he is better in the ruck and was doing his job really well. There was no reason to rush LRT in.

Clearly our midfield is going okay with the Ruck set up we have been rolling with. LRT's versatility ( very good defender, serviceable forward, can chop out in the ruck) gets him the nod over White. It's pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Doubt it.
    Mal is 2nd in the league for metres gained...In other words he's our 'go to' guy out of defence.
    If he's OK to play, he'll play a full game.....IMO
    That may be so Ernie but he did cop a knock last week and the rule is normally if that happens then they get to play sub next week. It is to protect them from injury. I know we have broken this rule on many occasions but I don't see the need to do this at the moment as we have huge depth and Smithy comes in.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Clearly our midfield is going okay with the Ruck set up we have been rolling with. LRT's versatility ( very good defender, serviceable forward, can chop out in the ruck) gets him the nod over White. It's pretty simple.
    +1.

I want to see White get another run though. He's been showing some promise.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I cannot believe anyone on earth thinks LRT ineffective and I certainly can't believe anyone thinks White a better option.
    A passable replacement perhaps, but better option??????
    I think on current form White is the far better option

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Looks obvious. Armstrong for Mal if he doesn't come up and White for LRT if he doesn't come up. TDL is just a decoy selection. It was his turn to be named emergency. We are a tough and hard team. Why bring a soft player into that squad unless you had a bad run of injuries. As for being a more balanced team with TDL in....perplexing theory.
    Nico I think you might like to move into the 2010's. We are a far different and talented side than that of the naughties and we managed to win a premiership then. But you obviously don't watch the 2's otherwise you wouldn't call TDL soft. He is doing all asked of him, tackling, going in hard etc. Get with the plot Nico this is a new year if you haven't seen him play don't comment. By the way the days of the tough no-talents is gone and we are developing talented footballers to be tough as well.

I like White and his past two games were quite good by his standards. However I think he benefits from the fact expectations on him are so low after the rubbish he has served up so many times that when he puts in a reasonable performance ( by no means game breaking, changing, etc) some people will back him over a proven warrior of this side. LRT has the points on the board, White does not. I like the fact there being tough with White. Might do him some good.