Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We owe the tigers a belting.

The things I worry about for this match:

1. Tigers will take risks and play expansive footy.... and to tell you the truth they are better than their record this year
    2. Ruck - I think that was a key issue last night, still no mummy in sight
    3. Forwards - My gut tells me that Goodesy won't be right and Sam isnt right....bring in Jesse and /or TDL... I havent seen ressies this year so dont know who is going well.

All in all we will need to kick an 18 goal game I think, dont know where they are going to come from. The mids will need to be immense and ROK will need to kick 5 with Jetta/McGlynn closely following!
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

Tigers had a good away win today over Port so will be on a roll. We can and should win but if we give them momentum they'll get cracking. We'll have to be at our best as usual.

TDL was non-playing emergency from the ressies yesterday so he must be close. It'll definitely be a forward we bring in if Goodes isn't right but the question is who.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    LRT had a good game against Hawthorn, but it's time to bring in someone else. Maybe Pike
    I don't get how he had a good game against the Hawks he went off at or just before half time. He was really ordinary up til then just doing a job but not that well! Please be truthful about his games he has been abysmal in the ruck this year he isn't a ruckman please!!!! Please!!!Horse stop trying to turn him into one!!!

I hate these posts that say we owe a belting!!! Last week it was the Crows & they won didn't they! Even though it was close! Bloody stop it!!! Get serious about looking for solutions to our Forward problems!

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I hate these posts that say we owe a belting!!! Last week it was the Crows & they won didn't they! Even though it was close! Bloody stop it!!! Get serious about looking for solutions to our Forward problems!
    Why not post about owing belting's? We can get as serious as we want about finding solutions to problems with the forward line, but it makes no difference. The coaches don't read our suggestions, they make their own calls on who plays and how.

I think what wolftone is saying is that the competition is very even and we can't just pencil in wins against sides that we should or deserve to win against. Adelaide was a shock personally but at the end of the day, they played better than we did. It will be the same story this weekend as well. Richmond will be a challenge. Do we owe them a belting? No. Swans need to focus on their own game and matching what Richmond serves up. Saying we owe someone a belting sounds a bit pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    ....sounds a bit pretentious.
    Pretentious? Moi?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

We only just lost an excellent contested game against the Crows.
    Hats off to the Crows, they played some great footy..... but so did we....
    I predict, if we play with the same intensity and pressure as yesterday, we'll comfortably account for the Tigers.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'm no more worried about Richmond than I am about any other side. It's not like they're better than us and I'm quite confident we'll have our 2nd biggest win of the year on Saturday.

It was a great contest from two teams right on their game last night. You can bet your house the Swans and the Crows will be in the top five this year.

We have a lousy record at the G and not a great recent one against Tiges. The last two games against them at the G they've won.

Ernie's right -we play liked we've played the last few weeks we will account for them.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    We only just lost an excellent contested game against the Crows.
    Hats off to the Crows, they played some great footy..... but so did we....
    I predict, if we play with the same intensity and pressure as yesterday, we'll comfortably account for the Tigers.
    Some sanity at last. We didn't win, but we played pretty well in spurts. Losing Goodes will hurt (assuming he needs a rest) but I think the midfield is good enough to make up for that if the boys are switched on. At least the Tigers' form and our recent MCG form will mean they won't go in in the least bit complacent.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Some sanity at last. We didn't win, but we played pretty well in spurts. Losing Goodes will hurt (assuming he needs a rest) but I think the midfield is good enough to make up for that if the boys are switched on. At least the Tigers' form and our recent MCG form will mean they won't go in in the least bit complacent.
    I'm not as worried losing Goodes from the midfield, I am more concerned that we are losing our far-and-away best forward in a dysfunctional forward line. I cant see who will kick a bag for us.

And I didnt see the Tigers' game yesterday, but am I correct in hearing that jumping Jack was back to his best? If that is the case it is a worry because it was his marking at the G last year that killed us. I was right there in the stands at the pocket and his body work was exceptional. I smell trouble.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast