Thread: Swans in upper echelon of competition

Swans in upper echelon of competition

According to Gerard Whateley on Offsiders today.

He said that last nights game was the best game of the year thus far and that both the Crows and Swans are now in the upper echelon of the competition.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    According to Gerard Whateley on Offsiders today.

He said that last nights game was the best game of the year thus far and that both the Crows and Swans are now in the upper echelon of the competition.
    I'm not sure it was the best game of the year, but I thought it was a really tight, contested tough game of footy and an excellent game at that. I certainly think both teams have great prospects for the season. Crows have a potent forward line, we have a strongly developing midfield group and a will to fight on that every other club would love to have. Its going to be a good year I think overall for the AFL, as there are a number of teams that are going to be genuine flag chances, and I don't think there are any true standout teams.

Veterans List
    Won't be in the upper echelon for long if we get done by Richmond next week. For them, they at the top of their game and seem to have the wood on us of late.

i didn't watch the game, but the media seems to suggest that Richmond was inconsistent. Hopefully they'll stay inconsistent and we're firing next week. We need some help in the forward line, for sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Won't be in the upper echelon for long if we get done by Richmond next week. For them, they at the top of their game and seem to have the wood on us of late.
    Where do people get this idea that Richmond have the wood on us of late? Beating us at the MCG last year does not equate to having the wood on us. The negativity on this site is extraordinary.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Where do people get this idea that Richmond have the wood on us of late? Beating us at the MCG last year does not equate to having the wood on us. The negativity on this site is extraordinary.
    Well they kind of do, the last 2 games at the G they have beaten us, but I wouldnt say they actually have the wood on us. Collingwood and crows do. If we bring that second half against hawthorn against the tiges for 4 qtrs we will account for them easily, with or without goodsey IMO.

Senior Player
    I wouldn't so much say Richmond has had the wood on us as we have played terribly the last 2 MCG games. Last year in particular was our worst effort of the season.

More accurately, it's the MCG that has the wood on us.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    More accurately, it's the MCG that has the wood on us.
    Correct
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Simple remedy. Burn down the MCG!!! Its obviously the problem; we will be fine r&wers, the boys really hated losing to the crows, can't see them messing up this one. Lets bring back Happy. Tony Armstrong that is. He obviously wants the job .
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Watching Richmaond Port game, I thought the Tiges were good in patches, but the pressure from Port is not comparable to what we will do. Nor is Port backline as good as ours. We will on the other hand, need to find avenues to goal, matter for the match committee
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    I wouldn't so much say Richmond has had the wood on us as we have played terribly the last 2 MCG games. Last year in particular was our worst effort of the season.
    That is more from lack of matches at the venue. We only played there three times in 2011, four times in 2012, three times in 2009, twice in 2008 and four in 2007. So we don't exactly play there a lot but you wouldn't expect us to as it is an away match. Our problem pre last year was being exposed to lack of pace on the big ground. Last year we just had a bad patch around the Richmond game. From round 13 it was LLLWLWLL ending with the Richmond game, a mid season slump of sorts. We did play Carlton, Collingwood, Bullies, Essendon & Fremantle but we also played Adelaide, Richmond and Gold Coast. We managed to beat Bullies and the Suns. After the Richmond game we won four out of five including the Cats at Cardinia Park.

In 2010 we beat the Tiges at home but got beaten down there. We last beat them at the G in 2009. We can easily beat them this week but we do need to revamp the forward structure. Reid to CHF, Nipper to FF, TDL on the flank and Jesse to FP.