Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jetta

Jetta

Really exciting to see Lewis finally achieving his potential. He seems to have grown up a lot this year.

Expectation and having a young baby in the house may have taken a toll last year, this year he is a different player.

Great to see the team obviously have confidence in him now and often look to get the ball in his hands.

I for one am happy to eat humble pie by the trayload - I've been critical of him in the past for not doing the tough stuff, and not using his pace to advantage, but he been doing all of it in spades this season and has become a very valuable member of the team, but also our x-factor who can break a game wide open with his speed.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

It's clear Jetta is a changed player, and he deserves great credit for it. He could have won us the match with that last shot on goal, so let's all hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season.

I had money on Birdy getting Most Improved this year, but damn Jetta showed tonight he could very well knock him off. Best game by far he's played for us. Showed so much maturity tonight.

Does all of the 'Lewis Jetta' stuff really really well and with increasing confidence-- you can always feel the crowd go up a notch when he gets near the footy with any open space in front-- but what is surprising is just how well he sticks his tackles. He just doesn't let much bigger blokes get away from his grip. A complete performance tonight.

Warming the Bench
    Never doubted him, its great to see him playing to his great skills. Big investment game wise over last year is paying off big time.

He was great tonight - he is really starting to back himself in 50/50 situations, but more importantly he is beginning to find the ball all around the ground, and use it well when he does. Really impressed with him this year, and there is no doubt that he is a crowd pleaser as well. What a shame that last snap missed, or he quite possibly would be being hailed as a match winner tonight. Keep up the good work Lewis!

Best game of his career to date, I gave him the votes
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He played very well tonight, and one of the most exciting parts was that when the Crows had the ball he was using his pace to get to players/fill up space around the ground. A polished all around performance from Lewis tonight, I'm over the moon for him with his form this year.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    Looks like he has made a massive improvement on his endurance because his repeat efforts and ability to run out a game have been very telling. There were stories at the start of the pre-season that he hadn't come back in great shape, and then a story about how he spent the pre-season running with Jack to learn about hard work. If he's improved that much in one pre-season, there is probably scope for even further improvement after a couple more pre-seasons.

We've known about his speed since he joined the club, and there was always evidence that he had a penetrating kick. He was just a bit wayward and inconsistent with his field kicking, as well as his goal kicking. But some of his field kicking this season has been outstanding. There were long kicks to Goodes and ROK yesterday that would have been harder for them not to mark than to mark.

Did you see "that" tackle! Who knew!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast