Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Game day thread round 8 vs melbourne

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Jono you left out Kizza. Bog

Great effort...proved me wrong and won 4 quarters
    Walsh and Reid and Pyke and LRT.....works for me.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Pyke, LRT and Tommy were all great, but that win really belonged to Hannas and Parker. Smashed 'em..:...

I really do think Tommy played well, offered a real conte

st and got his fair share of the ball. He will only improve with more games too...
    A good debut as predicted!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Re Walsh he did better tha I expected. I don't think he has the speed to create enough space between himself and his man to mark consistently on the lead but he will compete in the air and on the ground. If he can get himself into better positions could turn out to be a useful full forward

Just the game we needed. All played well. Great to see Reid running into some form. Really good debut by Walsh, but hard to judge given the woeful Demons defence. Same for TDL.

Agree Jack was BOG, Hanna and ROK pretty handy too.

Plus we added another 16% - best percentage in the league.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Jono you left out Kizza. Bog
    Oh, um, yes. Whoops. He was a beauty tonight....

Reid showed a bit in the last quarter and a half. Will do the confidence the world of good. Hanners easily BOG, or Jack if not Hanners. Like the cut of Tommy Walsh - hard at the contest and strong hands.

I like a forward line of TDL, Goodes (when he returns), Walsh, Reid & McGlynn with Parker, Kennedy, Bolton, Jack, McVeigh, Jetta & O'Keefe rotating through midfield and the forward line.

Young Tommy Mitchell had 35 stats and kicked a goal in the reserves today. I say bring the boy in next week.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Just the game we needed. All played well. Great to see Reid running into some form. Really good debut by Walsh, but hard to judge given the woeful Demons defence. Same for TDL.

All played well? I think Grundy well get an ear bashing for his poor, wasteful and undisciplined last quarter and Alex Johnson will be shown his many low lights regards his disposal. The rest did their bit and I was impressed with Mike Pyke. His tackling and second efforts were very good and he rucked almost all game. Must be a very fit man.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post

Jetta was right up there in the best. Not too many errors and I reckon he presented and made space the best he has done in any game. Love his finishing at the moment, but makes it easy on himself by getting into and/or giving himself space to have plenty of time to disposal efficiently.

i just wonder if Shaw is under pressure..........I am confident in his tagging........very solid.................. but his open play in attack is bloody aweful !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Cressakel2 View Post
    Reid showed a bit in the last quarter and a half. Will do the confidence the world of good. Hanners easily BOG, or Jack if not Hanners. Like the cut of Tommy Walsh - hard at the contest and strong hands.

I like a forward line of TDL, Goodes (when he returns), Walsh, Reid & McGlynn with Parker, Kennedy, Bolton, Jack, McVeigh, Jetta & O'Keefe rotating through midfield and the forward line.

Young Tommy Mitchell had 35 stats and kicked a goal in the reserves today. I say bring the boy in next week.
    I say Tommy Mitchell shouldn't really come in for another month or so at very least. We need to know his body is 100% right before throwing him into the seniors. Don't want to stuff a potential 300+ gamer by rushing him into the top team too quickly. Only played 70 minutes so I've been told today, sounds like he is right at home

Really happy for Walsh. In his post game interview, you normally expect first-gamers to be really upbeat and excited, but Walsh was just relieved. I think he took a moment to feel some satisfaction - its always hard leaving your family and leaving everything that is familiar to take a chance at something many others have failed at. I'm sure his family is pretty chuffed.

On another point, the twits that tried to pass themselves off as a football team today should be ashamed. Feel really sorry for Neeld and MCF supporters. Need a massive clean out. On that note, who is the Brian Smith of the AFL?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast