Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints v. Swans gameday thread

Senior Player
    If we can't beat this mob what sort of thrashing will we get against Essendon? The commentators are talking up St Kilda ate they that good or are we just really bad?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Get LRT off, get TDL on...it's even got symmetry

Right now we need a captain to stand up and do something inspirational......where are you Mc Veigh?
    As BT would say...."GIVE ME SOMETHING!"
    Yep, I hate to say it, but McVeigh needs to show some leadership here - Jude is not the Captain!

Senior Player
    If we can't beat this mob what sort of thrashing will we get against Essendon? The 3AW commentators are talking up St Kilda are they that good or are we just really bad?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    If we can't beat this mob what sort of thrashing will we get against Essendon? The commentators are talking up St Kilda ate they that good or are we just really bad?
    I wish I had access to inside 50's that quarter annew, I reckon it was 15 to 2.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Surely they get of first gear in the second half !
    They are playing with an antique game plan, that is uninteresting, ineffective, awful to watch and as predictable as can be...
    Quicken up boys... what is there to lose..
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Our effort was not good 2nd q, but Saints pressure was pretty heavy. See if they can keep that up, see if the umpires give us some square up frees to make up for their errors as well. We need to lift and kick the first couple in the the 3rd, play on a t all costs, take the risk and keep some forwards at home
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Have to say the single worst quarter for ten years or so....or maybe we had one against Melb 2 years ago. It's rare that you can actually look at a team and say "you're not even TRYING" but that was the case. It's one thing to lose nearly every single contest but we had 30 or 40 possessions which were short and to a contest....and badly executed AS WELL. Nobody was even TRYING to create a free man...to run to the contest...to lead to space....to play on quickly to advantage even. Compounded by error after error and umpiring of the kind that gets umpires demoted to the VFL.

SICKENING actually.

We will almost certainly lose...but at least we can't play that badly again. 10 scores to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And our one was a lucky hack out of the pack.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whilst I'm sure this is unfair and unkind, in that half of footy it looked like there were one or two players who read a bit too much into their ability from their performance in a 100 point drubbing of a less than exciting team.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Regular in the Side
    Umpires awful...commentators barely saw Mal get hit high 2/3 times in same incident that saw a FK to them...but otherwise Mal awful...looks like a time traveller from 19th centiry...Pyke I love the hit to Jack,,,but 2 kicks straight to opp?
    Just awful overall...what ever happened to our 5 minute wonder of a midfield?
    We are just plain s l o w especially if Jetta can't get the ball...& our disposal to under pressure? Unbelievable.

Every time St. Kilda get ball in hand they are absolute silk....easy options everywhere....and quick delivery to an obvious target in the fifty. We have played a half of football without a tall forward leading to space in the forward fifty. Not even once.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    TDL as sub was a terrible decision. LRT is a passenger tonight. ROK/Jude/Luke/joey need to pull their fingers out.
    I agree terrible decision! They hate forwards at the Swans I'm sure. I don't know why as Longmire was a full forward. Where are the goals going to come from John? We got sucked in by the defensive centre square attack again. We always fall for that and other sides know it!

I'm going to hold onto my vitriol until the end of this quater.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast