Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Saints v. Swans gameday thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Hey, great inspiration for a new song. Just have to work out how to get Mike Pyke into it.
    I think Larry David has the copyright on yada, yada, yada....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Yada yada yada ... same old snipes from the same old snipers! As predictable as the sun coming up each morning. Absolutely boorish!
    Oh the irony of this post

Shaw laments not capitalising chances
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...8/default.aspx

"CHANCES"

There.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    George Bernard Shaw said - You call it negativity, I call it observation.

My Manager told me that one as I was working out how many SKODA chips I could buy with my next royalty payment.

Basher buddy, if you haven't worked it out yet - How we feel means little to how the team plays. So after a loss I get out my guitar and sing a few songs. Well last night I ate some SKODA chips instead.

If you want to read a really sad true life story, I put one in for you here:

http://www.news.com.au/national/melb...-1226368115867
    You are getting off the track Billy boy. Dont equate the loss of a child with losing a football game.I followed the story of this boy. I'm familiar with it.

We sucked.
    Badly.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Did anyone else see the strange looking Indian bloke wandering around the swans rooms after the game with what looked like manilla envelopes full of something???

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Did anyone else see the strange looking Indian bloke wandering around the swans rooms after the game with what looked like manilla envelopes full of something???
    They were just getting a reward for providing weather and surface conditions at the ground. nothin suss

Where have all the goalkickers gone?

See article attached. I think this gives a pretty good explanantion as to why our leading tall forwards are just not dominating - Put simply its becasue very few tall forwards are. The press used by pretty much every coach of a leading team in the league (including Longmire) is preventing it. This style of game plan requires 100 percent effort and in my opinion also leads to the flipping results we see. You only need to be down 10 percent and all of a sudden you look slow and out of touch.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Where have all the goalkickers gone?

See article attached. I think this gives a pretty good explanantion as to why our leading tall forwards are just not dominating - Put simply its becasue very few tall forwards are. The press used by pretty much every coach of a leading team in the league (including Longmire) is preventing it. This style of game plan requires 100 percent effort and in my opinion also leads to the flipping results we see. You only need to be down 10 percent and all of a sudden you look slow and out of touch.
    If this article is correct (and there is no reason as to why it shouldnt be) then it is another argument for getting rid of the gorillas up front and just going with mids and smalls. This would open the door for Nipper and Harry and would allow us to rotate our midfield through the forward line (which we do anyway). If footy is heading for a period like this, then maybe we should innovate and be the first to try it. What do we have to lose?

You still need someone to catch the ball when it goes in. That's why Travis Cloke is worth so much. There's a big difference between your tall forwards getting, say, 8 contested marks and 4 goals a game and getting about 1 of each, which is what our talls typically achieve.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    How did we let a bloke who is 189cm tall (Blake) have 31 hitouts!!
    Blake is taller than that, despite what the St Kilda officials list him as (kinda like how both Rohan and Kennedy are a fair bit taller than 188cm), and he's an extremely underrated ruckman. Whatever you may think of other aspects of Pyke's game, his tapwork has always been very good, and he broke even with Blake on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Blake is taller than that, despite what the St Kilda officials list him as (kinda like how both Rohan and Kennedy are a fair bit taller than 188cm), and he's an extremely underrated ruckman. Whatever you may think of other aspects of Pyke's game, his tapwork has always been very good, and he broke even with Blake on the weekend.
    I've met Blake on a couple of occasions through a family friend and I'd be surprised if he's any taller than 189cm.

I have no issue with Pyke for the record, he's a better option than Seaby but I just thought we should've had more of an advantage in the ruck on Saturday.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton