Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread - Swans vs Bulldogs

Game over.

Swans win by 92. Back to #1 percentage in the comp.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Good win. It was nice to see the team continue to play hard even after the game was won. I wonder if this team will show up in Melbourne next week? As for the crowd...Bad weather, track work and a rotten time of day....bad combination..

great 4 qtr effort

Jude !!!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Best on ground would be a difficult decision, Jude had a great game, especially for a pensioner lol. Hanners, Shaw, Teddy, great team effort
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List
    Can anyone elaborate on Mumford's game today?

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Jetta love all over the airwaves today. Looks like he will be a joy to watch for a long time, hopefully in red n white.
    Jack is looking very Ablett jnr like, love his moves.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Four quarters of effort; I include the second because Bulldogs stepped up pressure but we held them.
    The midfield had a great day - not always first to the ball - the Bulldog midfield is pretty good - but repeatedly drove forward into attack. And the forwards didn't let them down.
    Not a poor performance from anyone.
    Personal favourite was Jude: as an American critic said of Freud, he went down deeper, stayed down longer and came up dirtier than anyone before or since. Jetta took a little while to get into the game but made the absolute most of all his possessions, superb goals, provided run, field kicking good, impressive in the conditions. And modest with it all, a joy to watch.
    Tireless running and delivery from Hannebery and Shaw.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Can anyone elaborate on Mumford's game today?
    He was pretty good - nothing sensational but very good considering how long he has been out. Pyke, well he rammed a few words down my throat - he was very workmanlike - good even!

Hannebery is a champ no doubt about it.

Love your work, Mick:

"I suspect that this is going to go down to the wire," Mick Malthouse said on radio prior to the opening bounce. "And I'm going with Footscray."
    Pyke handled much of the rucking load. Had 40 hitouts, took three marks. Mumford 15 hitouts and seven disposals, but threw his body around in the clinches. Good preparation ahead of next week's game.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Only 13,505 bothered to show up...that must be the worst SCG crowd since the mid-90s...
    omg please forgive me for not getting out of my sick bed to attend today - id hv been mad to go out in the cold - Prims didn't go either she's crook too. There is a lot of it about please consider that will you? At least the boys had a good win - and sad to say but You have to admit Rhyce Shaw is a better player when Nick Mal is not on the ground. Our back line looked less congested.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Pyke handled much of the rucking load. Had 40 hitouts, took three marks. Mumford 15 hitouts and seven disposals, but threw his body around in the clinches. Good preparation ahead of next week's game.
    Wow, two proper ruckman worked, who would have thought? Nice win boys.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought that was a quite extraordinary performance - in the wet and against a team that isn't too bad.

Loved Lewis RT's attack on the contest.
    Loved Shaw's run run run - his best game of the year by far, especially as he started out also responsible for the dangerous Dalhaus
    Loved how Hanners just kept going all game long. He doesn't do the flash but he's as relentless as they come.
    Loved Lewis J's dash, flair, skill, composure, modesty (most of the time).
    Loved Old Man Jude turning back the clock.
    Love Ted. Full stop.