Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread - Swans vs Bulldogs

also should mention Smoochers job on Gia, back to his best.

This is very close to our best 22 (obviously Rohan and Goodes) and I think having 2 ruck men works well. LRT had a stellar first half but faded in the second, where Jetta did the opposite. Jetta could be our next Goodes if he keeps it up. I though TDL today proved why he should be in the team- starting to develop a forward line (how about that return rate for inside 50s in the first qtr!). I know the dogs are struggling to create a strong forward line without hall but our backline functions like one well-oiled tight unit.

On the Rookie List
    "Pyke, well he rammed a few words down my throat - he was very workmanlike - good even!" Struth, Foreign Legend. It sounds as though you have made some real progress. Can we copy Wet Toast and play two ruckman in the one side every week? Where did Mumford go when not in ruck? Cheers.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought that was a quite extraordinary performance - in the wet and against a team that isn't too bad.

Loved Lewis RT's attack on the contest.
    Loved Shaw's run run run - his best game of the year by far, especially as he started out also responsible for the dangerous Dalhaus
    Loved how Hanners just kept going all game long. He doesn't do the flash but he's as relentless as they come.
    Loved Lewis J's dash, flair, skill, composure, modesty (most of the time).
    Loved Old Man Jude turning back the clock.
    Love Ted. Full stop.
    You forgot Smith, Liz. I believe Gia had but one shot at goal.

Veterans List
    Thought Armstrong looked OK.

Hanneberys' relentless run, was my highlight.
    He has unbelievable stamina.... and uses it to great effect.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'd love us to knock off the Bombers next week. We're a genuine top 4 team if we can do that.

I forgot to mention Ted - he was fantastic.

I can't believe I ever had any doubts about Jetta... His pace, skills and composure blow me away.. Please stay a Swan for life !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I can't believe I ever had any doubts about Jetta... His pace, skills and composure blow me away.. Please stay a Swan for life !!
    I never doubted he could do it.
    I never for one moment thought he'd be this bloody good.

AFL.COM bests'
    BEST
    Sydney Swans: Jack, Richards, Hannebery, Bolton, Shaw, Dennis-Lane, Jetta, Roberts-Thomson
    Western Bulldogs: Boyd, Picken, Veszpremi
    Says it all really.

Flat track bullies indeed. We shouldn't read into this game very much considering the Dogs had such a bad day. Pretty disenchanted with the team regarding our efforts the last month, but a good game against Essendon should rectify that.

There is no doubt the Bombers will be dirty on their loss and they match up on us pretty well so it's going to be a big test.

Congrats to Reg on the 100 and Jets on the 50.

Our efficiency early really set the tone. The Dogs were getting more of the ball early but we played good wet weather footy from the 1st minute and really took our chances. From there it was great to see us not relent on the effort for the full four quarters. Thought Shaw was brilliant, providing run directly up the ground all day, and this was so important to be direct in the conditions. Jude was tireless in and under while Hanners was the same outside. LRT contested brilliantly up forward - IMHO his best game when he has played primarily forward. Jetta showed his class again after a slow start - who'd have picked him to be averaging about 2 1/2 goals a game? Ted showed just how well he reads the play - the number of times he would peel back off his man to get an uncontested possession in the backline knowing the ball was coming in there was phenomenal. And great for Mummy to get some game time into him, and be able to play out the full game.

Only downside was Parker's broken collarbone.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.