Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harry Cunningham upgraded!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    That would have been hard with one Wakelin playing for them and the other at Port Adelaide.
    I remember hearing the story, I think it originated when Shane and Darryl were still at St Kilda.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    just wondering how Harry and Jed have been going in the ressies this season

I have barely seen them play
    Harry is coming on well but still has a way to go. He will benefit from a good pre-season. He is good at the long delivery but sometimes he gets a brain-fade with the close in stuff, like handball in close. He is a very good shot on goal generally but he still needs to work on the defensive side of his game a bit more and the inside work. Outside is his natural game and he does that pretty well.

Jed, since he came back from injury, has been sensational. He reminds me a bit of Josh Kennedy the way he breaks the lines and hits the pack. He is very strong with good reach and more often than not he gets a handball out of a tight situation to advantage. He can also run the lines and burst out of defense or into attack and delivers the ball pretty well. Has been in the best every game since he came back. I think he was carrying a niggle for most of the season before he went down with his injury and the lay off has healed him. His attitude is really good and he seems to be able to control the centre bounces and bring the other players into the play. A very good kick at goal, he hardly ever misses no matter where the shot is from. I think he is cherry ripe for a seniors berth but unfortunately Al and a few others don't agree, they think next year. The coaches are probably going to think the same but I would love to see him get a game against the Bullies.

Jed has real x-factor. Not something we have a lot of in the team at the moment, so I am keen to see how he progresses. Maybe not this year, but next year can make an impact along with Red Rooster and Tone.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Agree about Jed, and I had some fair reservations about him at first. But his work and effectiveness rate has been rising evenly since he started to get his mojo back. Has a lovely kick. He will be just fine, but I doubt he will get a gig this season.

Harry had a big burst, then a "whoa there edge of the cliff" time, and now is settling down into expectations.

They are after all kids. the future of our club. not quite the present yet. But link them with the rooster, sam, luke, lewis, tony, dan, oh my.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Agree about Jed, and I had some fair reservations about him at first. But his work and effectiveness rate has been rising evenly since he started to get his mojo back. Has a lovely kick. He will be just fine, but I doubt he will get a gig this season.

Harry had a big burst, then a "whoa there edge of the cliff" time, and now is settling down into expectations.

They are after all kids. the future of our club. not quite the present yet. But link them with the rooster, sam, luke, lewis, tony, dan, oh my.....
    Yes Primmy but I think young Lambchop is ripe for the picking and could be that X factor in September. Next yeat we get to see how good Mitchell, Lambchop, Lockyer, Harry, Brownie, Biggs, Heath & Lynch really are. I think Nipper has been a bit unlucky this year quite frankly.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Lamb an X factor in September?????

He hasn't played in the firsts all year. It would be nice to have a secret weapon but I think he is even a secret to the Swans atm.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think Nipper has been a bit unlucky this year quite frankly.
    Have been keeping a weather eye on him all season and my opinion is that he blows hot and cold, and makes some "non team oriented" decisions. Just not consistent (then again, neither is Goodsey). Could be so good if he could reign in his tendancy to become, umm what's the word I am looking for......selfish? thoughtless? daft? He doesn't look like he is having fun playing the game. He is the kind of kid who would let the F word slip out in an interview going national. I mean how many other players do you remember doing that. Its not meant, its just what happens to him. Hope he can rise above it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Leapin Leo did it too

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123