Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread - Swans vs Giants

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Did anyone find my yella and clear plastic beach ball last night?

I lost it in the Swans Red Zone.

You see, Aunt Martha sent me a nice big package of Texas Long Horn steaks and I just couldn't help over indulging. Left me with a severe case of "ROID" rage. Yes the other type and hence the need for the plastic beach ball to sit on.

Well, some snotty little kid kicked it from under me and away it went into the crowd. Try as I may but no one would give it back.

You'd think Swans supporters would have been more interested in their team playing. Had to sit on a hard chair and just didn't enjoy the game at all.

How was that crowd last night? I'm sure it was closer to 19,000. They should have played the game at SKODA and we would have had a great atmosphere and the $3:90 chips.

That GWS cheer squad are funny. Our guys don't need to get dressed up to look strange.

The pre-game match with the ladies certainly restored my faith in the stretchability of lycra.

Well at least we got a good percentage booster.

The Goodes turn kick goal was my special moment of the night. That and sitting on the beach ball for the first five minutes.

If anyone has the ball let me know.

The BOG would have to go to Jack Lynch playing in jumper 42. That was bringing back some of the old Bevan spirit. What a champeen. Straight off the rookie list, into first grade and then back on the rookie list before anyone blinked.
    Last edited by BillyRayCypress; 1st July 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    [Poor crowd]

It's more an indication to Swans' fans disinclination to watch games at that cavernous dump at Homebush. Takes a decent match-up to draw more than the diehards out there.
    Fair comment - it will be inexcusable if we are made to play any home games out there once the SCG redevelopment is completed in 2 years time....

Problem is ANZ throw too much money at the AFL to hold games there. It's hard to turn down.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Last year we got so close and this year we won't waste it! We are a far better side than the one that met them last year. For a start we were blooding some youngsters and now they are all seasoned and ready to play!
    I have to agree, a potential win against Collingwood is the only reason I'll go out to ANZ. It really lacked atmosphere last night, and also the people sitting in front of us were really annoying. Not an enjoyable night

"3. Longmire's long spray
    Although the Swans started well, the Giants showed plenty of pluck and if not for some missed shots could have been a lot closer at the long break than 37 points. Of course, this greatly displeased Swans coach John Longmire who, by all reports, unleashed one of the sprays of the season at his players, undoubtedly reminding them that every point - and every percentage point - is crucial in a year so open"

Did anyone see/record this spray?! Would loooooove to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    When we've pulled a crowd this year of only 13K to the SCG - against an established team - it's a bit harsh to blame tonight's crowd on the Giants...
    What game was that for?

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    What game was that for?
    It was Round 10, against the Bulldogs. That crowd was 13,505.

In today's Sun-Herald, Sebastian Hassett, trying to explain last night's relatively small crowd, asks whether there is "a more unattractive spectacle in Australian sport than a cold June night at Homebush where one side starts as a $1.01 chance?"

Well, yes, Michael, apparently there is. At the SCG, on a wet Sunday afternoon, when the odds between both teams were more even.

The Bullies are not playing well this year and don't draw big crowds here at the best of times. At first people would go along to see us beat Eade's team but that wore off. I think home against the Bullies is not going to be a big draw. A bit of a sad indictment on Swans supporters but true. Sydney has never been a place that has been renowned for supporting sport unequivocally. Let's face it Sydney people are not reliable supporters of any sport in the sense of turning up to games. Just look at the figures for NRL, they are pitiful!

yay, we won by percentage.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    It was Round 10, against the Bulldogs. That crowd was 13,505.

In today's Sun-Herald, Sebastian Hassett, trying to explain last night's relatively small crowd, asks whether there is "a more unattractive spectacle in Australian sport than a cold June night at Homebush where one side starts as a $1.01 chance?"

Well, yes, Michael, apparently there is. At the SCG, on a wet Sunday afternoon, when the odds between both teams were more even.
    Oh I didn't realize the crowd was so low for that game, but I don't think the result was in much doubt so I can see why the casual supporter may not attend. It want an exciting game to watch (nor was last nights). As much as the Essendon and Geelong games had been stressful, they were thrilling spectacles.

The BOG would have to go to Jack Lynch playing in jumper 42. That was bringing back some of the old Bevan spirit. What a champeen. Straight off the rookie list, into first grade and then back on the rookie list before anyone blinked.

I am still waiting for someone to notice Billy. I larfed and larfed, and then I larfed again. Are we the only ones to have noticed?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    [Poor crowd]

It's more an indication to Swans' fans disinclination to watch games at that cavernous dump at Homebush. Takes a decent match-up to draw more than the diehards out there.
    This is also my opinion, I'd rather be boiled in oil than spend 3 hours travelling to this lifeless ill inspired dump
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast