Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread - Swans vs Giants

Senior Player
    That's a specific contractual thing, actually.

I think the WCE in Perth over the last two years is just a concidence. Remember these days we only play five sides twice and one of those is the Giants.

We will probably continue to play the Giants twice until they get up to speed to try to get some interest in the team, the more games they play in Sydney the better for promotion. I don't pay much attention to the other interstate derby's, are they still playing twice?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    They are Gong. And always will. We will always play the Giants twice. Everyone says that's a massive advantage for us, and it is at the moment, but there'll be no complaining from the whingers if and when their kids come good.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Yes. All derbies are played twice per season. We'll play GWS twice each year

I'd rather we play Collingwood in Melbourne. We always lose it anyway, tired of wasting a home game on those pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Oh well, the crowd figure is not the key for me - the score was pretty good.

I loved our smaller midfielders tonight - they all did very well and, most importantly, are kicking goals when our forwards aren't.

You know what, with some luck and 2 home finals - we could bloody win this.... If we played WCE or Adelaide at the G on Grand Final Day - well...I reckon we would have a good chance. I am not 100% convinced about the Mumford/Pyke ruck combo but maybe in 2-3 weeks I will be.
    Gee I thought that ruck combo worked very well tonight and if big Mikie had have been on target he would have kicked 3. I thought he was a bit unlucky not to get a few more frees as they were hanging all over every time he went forward. They created some really great play in the last quarter and a half. Banging in there breaking up packs and tap rucking beautifully. Both took some telling marks against very good opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I'd rather we play Collingwood in Melbourne. We always lose it anyway, tired of wasting a home game on those pricks.
    Last year we got so close and this year we won't waste it! We are a far better side than the one that met them last year. For a start we were blooding some youngsters and now they are all seasoned and ready to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    And LRT goals !!
    Lewie got two. He certainly missed a lot of opportunities especially when the ball was on the ground. A few years ago he'd have eaten all of those chances. A lot of fumbles from him tonight and couldn't seem to be able to get the ball off quick enough. Not the only one who fumbled though, half the side were looking very nervous up until half way through the third quarter.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The team's fumbles (not just Lewie's) had a lot to do with very tight hard checking by GWS. They gave us more trouble in this area (see the figures for contested possessions) than several teams higher up the ladder. I think it's a case of credit where it's due - both for them and for us.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Last year we got so close and this year we won't waste it! We are a far better side than the one that met them last year. For a start we were blooding some youngsters and now they are all seasoned and ready to play!
    Collingwood are darned good side. We will have to play by far our best footy of the season to beat them.

Veterans List
    [Poor crowd]

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    An indication of Sydney's indifference to a second and unwanted team....
    It's more an indication to Swans' fans disinclination to watch games at that cavernous dump at Homebush. Takes a decent match-up to draw more than the diehards out there.

Yep.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast