Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Another sub-20K crowd...

Goes up to 11
    I too was pretty chuffed with the crowd yesterday. The Trumper stand seemed pretty full which is always a good sign. Great atmosphere too - all in all a good day.

I too look forward to playing finals at the new and improved SCG and a capacity of 47,000 is more than enough to aim for. We will not need Homebush when the SCG is finished. Leave that precinct to the Giants, until they leave for Canberra anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I'm looking forward to a full house when the upgrade is complete. Although I am in the "I like Homebush" camp, I also hope the club negotiates home finals for the SCG when the current contract expires. With its expanded capacity, the place would absolutely rock when full of Swans fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I too look forward to playing finals at the new and improved SCG and a capacity of 47,000 is more than enough to aim for. We will not need Homebush when the SCG is finished. Leave that precinct to the Giants, until they leave for Canberra anyway...
    Can't say I agree. We drew more than 60,000 people to the Preliminary Final against Freo at Homebush a few years ago, and would draw a truly enormous crowd against Collingwood or Hawthorn, so I don't see why 48,000 is more than enough to aim for. Think big!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I too was pretty chuffed with the crowd yesterday. The Trumper stand seemed pretty full which is always a good sign. Great atmosphere too - all in all a good day.

It seems people keep forgeting the agreement with ANZ.

Giants have just built a multi million dollar complex at Homebush, that's in addition to the one at Rooty Hill. Keep dreaming buit you may have a terrible nightmare in 10 years time. It will be a Giant one.

You hope the Swans will be able to draw a crowd over 48,000 then.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Happy and I know it
    According to an official tweet by the SCG (?@ourSCG):

"Currently reduced to 33,000, the capacity of @ourSCG once the new stand is complete will be 48,000."
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567