Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 16 V The Eagles

I am zonked that Hill is injured! Wow! that is really big as he has kicked a whole lot of goals for them this year! I think the team is going to be picked on who they play! If they play small we go smaller if they play really tall as in McInness then we go that way but I don't think there will be much real change.

Interesting that Walsh has been named on the extended bench. Could they be considering dropping Pykey for Walsh and using LRT as second ruck? Mummy has been working up close to full fitness. I don't wish to see this happen, ( im a big fan of the moose) but it may be an option they are considering.. Could also just be to show Walsh he is doing everything right in the 2's and is in line for a call up if a spot arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Interesting that Walsh has been named on the extended bench. Could they be considering dropping Pykey for Walsh and using LRT as second ruck? Mummy has been working up close to full fitness. I don't wish to see this happen, ( im a big fan of the moose) but it may be an option they are considering.. Could also just be to show Walsh he is doing everything right in the 2's and is in line for a call up if a spot arises.
    LRT may be used in exactly that role to tag cox around the ground.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    If Lewis Stevenson plays, will this game set a record for the most number of players named Lewis to take part in a match?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I reckon they are just taking him over to give him some experience preparing with the senior team. He has had a pretty continuous last couple of months playing with the reserves so maybe they judge he doesn't need the extra training session the reserves will do over the weekend as much as some other players. And his form has been good enough to suggest that if he is required to come into the side for a late injury, he can play his role.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    If Lewis Stevenson plays, will this game set a record for the most number of players named Lewis to take part in a match?
    Did we ever have all three of our Lewises play in the same game last year? I think Johnston only played a couple of games, so quite likely we didn't.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I was wrong! All three of our Lewises played against North Melbourne last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Don't think LRT has the height to go with cox. Pyke will run with him you'd think.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Don't think LRT has the height to go with cox. Pyke will run with him you'd think.
    Pyke may have the speed but I don't think he has the smarts. I'm guessing LRT at least in our forward half and Reg in the back half.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    My money is that there will be no change to last weeks team.

Makes no sense to have Mattner on the bench and then the person who replaced him last week in the side. Unless Mattner is a no go.

If anyone came in I would hope that its TDL.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    We can only hope.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    My money is that there will be no change to last weeks team.
    I suspect so too.
    If they play Pike, Sam and Goodes up forward then there's no need for LRT, but the temptation to utilise him down back (if Ted/Reg can't handle the resting ruckman) or up forward (if Goodes moves onto the ball) will see him keep his place.
    Will this make us top heavy?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast